Chapter 26

~Your POV~

You stared into Ali's deep blue eyes.

"What did I ever do to you!?" You hissed. She just chuckled, shaking her head. She looked down at her feet. You could've swore you saw a small tear roll down her cheek before she looked back up at you.

"You don't remember, do you? You don't remember the day you betrayed me... The day you set me on this path of insanity..."

"Ali, what are you-"

"I'm pretty darn sure you're a bit insane in there, too, (Y/N). Because after that day, I never mentioned our 'friendship' again. I had gave up on life, so I joined the FBI; tried to frame you. But they caught me in the act as soon as I started it..."

"You tried to frame me!? For what!?"

A small smile slid across Ali's face.

"Murder."

You shook your head.

"You know, after you got out of the hospital, you'd forgotten the whole scene where you'd betrayed me. They pointed their fingers at me and said I the bad guy. Said that if I never existed you wouldn't have ended up there anyways." Ali chuckled. "The pain of someone saying you should've never been born..."

You replayed Ali's words in your mind.

Hospital... Traitor...

You couldn't remember anything, though.

"A-Ali, I'm sorry for whatever I did..."

"'Sorry' can't help after I've already lived through the pain."

"Ali, I'm sorry, I swear... But just leave Vincent and everyone else alone. Please."

Ali walked toward the door of the room silently. You shot her a look of sympathy.

What had even happened between the two of you in the past...?

You sighed, but then she left.

You walked over to Vincent and the others and sat down on the hospital bed.

You leaned put your arm around Vincent and put your head on his shoulder. He blushed slightly and glanced at you, but said nothing.

The others eventually left, leaving you and Vincent alone in the room.

And that's when you whispered, "I love you, Vincent..."

You're not sure how or why you said it, but somehow the words slipped out.

"I love you too, (Y/N)..."