Chapter 53

Today, dreams shall be crushed

***

~Vincent's POV~

I held my phone up to my ear.

"What is it, you idiot!? And make it quick!" I snapped.

"Vincent... Y-You gotta help me... Ali... She-She snapped again..." There was a voice in the background of the call. And then, the call hung up.

I bit my lip. "I'm coming..." I muttered, and then ended the call and ran off down the sidewalk.

Eventually I came to an alley. I heard voices coming from it, and one of them was definitely Ali's.

I ran down the alley, only to find Ali with my little... friend... pinned against a wall.

She had her knife placed on his neck.

"I'm ending this right here, right now." She snarled.

But before she could do anything, I lunged at her and knocked her to the ground.

"V-Vincent!?" WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!? YOU IDIOT! HE WANTS TO KILL YOU!!" She shouted, trying to shove me off.

"Don't listen to her, Vincent!"

"Vincent, just trust me, just this one time!" Ali pleaded beneath my grip. "You have to trust me! Please!"

I pondered who I should trust.

Neither seemed trustworthy, but...

I sighed.

"Ali," I muttered, taking a deep breath, "I'm sorry."

Her eyes widened as I jerked my knife from my pocket and drove it into her chest.

"Vincent..." She choked out.

I looked at her. I actually kinda felt sorry for her right now.

"Tell (Y/N)... That I'm s-sorry..."

But then, she went limp.

I wondered if I'd made the right decision by killing her.

Or if she was telling the truth.

I soon found out when I felt a blade press against the back of my neck, a psychopathic laugh coming afterwards.

"Looks like you did my work for me, pretty boy. And by the way..." The voice purred.

"She wasn't lying."