Chapter 42

~Scott's POV~

As I slammed the door behind me, I silently hoped that Jeremy was okay.

I walked up the hall to the room they were keeping Jeremy in, and then walked inside, only to find Mike pacing around the room.

"Mike..." I muttered. "You've been like this since you got here. You're overreacting. He's going to be fine."

Mike ignored me, continuing to pace back and forth.

I sighed.

The doctors had examined Mike's cuts. The one on his stomach wasn't very deep, but the one Ali had left on his arm was actually quite major and had caused him to loose a bit of blood, but nothing they couldn't fix. After they were done they'd bandaged his arm, but the cut on his stomach hadn't needed much.

I looked over at Jeremy, who was still unconscious in the hospital bed.

I shook my head.

~Time Skip to the next day~

~Ali's POV~

"--I find the defendant guilty."

I let that word repeat in my head.

Guilty.

"N-No.." I muttered under my breath.

I felt handcuffs slide around my wrists.

"You're going to jail, Ali." The officer growled, dragging out my name.

I tried to pull away. Of course, I couldn't.

"Pl-Please... N-No! You can't do this! I'm innocent! Please!" I screamed.

But they didn't listen. They just dragged me away.

"Please..."

Looks like I'm spending the rest of my life in prison...