Chapter 57

~Ali's POV~

At that moment, I knew I'd been exposed.

I tried to make a run for the door, but Mike grabbed me and pulled me back.

He flipped me around so I could face him.

I closed my eyes tight, preparing for me to hit me or something. And it's Mike, so of course he hit me.

He punched me right in the nose and let go of me as I stumbled backwards, groaning in pain.

I looked up at him, my eyes meeting his. I looked over at the door and took a step closer and looked inside, trying to see what had happened.

I didn't even pay attention to Vincent, but instead found myself looking for Foxy.

"Where's that darned fox at..." I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"Foxy... The animatronic?"

"You expect us to believe he did this!?" Mike growled, chuckling. "They dismantled those wretched machines."

"I swear it was that darn fox, Mike!" I snarled, not daring to admit I'd tried to hurt Vincent, too.

He grunted, rolling his eyes.

He pushed me away.

"Listen, you little psycho-" Mike started, but was cut off by (Y/N), who walked up to see what had happened, the others following close behind.

(Y/N) gasped. I let my eyes follow hers to an unconscious Vincent.

Blood streamed down his right arm and their was a cut on his chest. Luckily, the one on his chest wasn't too bad, but the one on his arm was really deep... And it went all the way down his arm to his wrist.

Maybe Vincent had fainted from blood loss and then Foxy gave up at trying to cut his chest. I dunno.

I saw tears form in (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes as she fell to her knees at the sight.

"(Y/N)-"

She muttered something under her breath, but I didn't quite catch it.

"What?"

"Get. Out." She repeated, her voice raising.

I stared at her for a moment, but then let tears stream down my cheeks.

"Fine!" I shouted. "And maybe this time I won't come back for you!"

"Maybe I never wanted you back, Alison!"

I felt my jaw hang open for a minute.

But then, I closed my eyes, replaying the words over and over in my head again.

"W-Well, then..." I stuttered, balling my hands into fists as tears ran down my cheeks again.

"No, Ali, I didn't mean-"

"...Whatever makes you happy." I spat, and then stomped out the front door.

If they called for me to come back, I didn't hear them. I just blocked out every sound that wasn't the one of my heart pounding in my chest to let me know I was still alive.

***