Chapter 55

(Days later)

~Ali's POV~

I slowly became conscious.

At first, my vision was blurry, but gen it cleared. I slowly realized I was in a hospital.

My eyes widened.

Oh God, I'm defiantly going back to prison, I thought as my eyes swiftly shot around the room in my panic.

But then I realized I'd completely skimmed over (Y/N) and Vincent standing in the corner of the room.

I froze in shock. But then I clenched my jaw as a sudden pain shot through my chest.

I slowly looked up, letting my eyes lock onto (Y/N)'s (E/C) ones.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Vincent shoot a glare at me, but he said nothing. I glared at him and grunted.

"Ya know, she was the one who saved you. I honestly wanted you to die," Vincent muttered.

"Yep. That's Vincent..." I growled under my breath, earning another glare from him.

My focus shifted back to (Y/N).

"Why...?" She whispered under her breath.

"Wha-?"

"Why do you hate me so much? Why did you try to hurt me, and even worse, my friends? Just... Why?"

I let my blue gaze fall on the ceiling.

I chuckled.

"I just felt like after what had happened to me, after all I'd been through, that someone needed to pay. And since you started it all, I chose you."

(Y/N) took a step closer to me.

I closed my eyes.

"But I guess my insanity wanted more than payback. I guess it wanted pain and suffering. And I guess since I had suffered..." I muttered, my hands shaking as I clenched the sides of the hospital bed.
"...that it would be fitting for you to suffer, too."

"Ali, I know you're not a bad person. You're just a good person with a bad habit." I heard (Y/N) say. But I didn't look up at her.

I felt her hand touch my shoulder, but I jerked away.

"I-I just don't want to hurt you anymore..."

"C'mon, (Y/N). J-Just give her some time."

I didn't hear any response come from (Y/N).

But then I heard the door open. I opened my eyes just as the lights flickered off and (Y/N) and Vincent left, shutting the door behind them.

I sighed as I fell backwards on my bed, my head landing on the pillow the hospital bed.

I stared up at the ceiling in silence as I tried to push all the bad thoughts away. But they stayed.

You monster! Don't you see? She'll never forgive you. She'll probably just stab you in the back and get rid of you before you can even say a word. If her boyfriend Vincent doesn't first, anyways.

I balled my hands into fists at the mention of Vincent.

He hurt you, Ali. More than (Y/N) ever could.

I slowly found myself actually falling for the little voices in my head.

Maybe (Y/N) was innocent.

But Vincent wasn't.