Prologue

Fiorella POV

I stood frozen, watching him kiss her, feeling like my heart shattered into a million pieces. It was like everything else vanished, and all I could see was them together, hurting me. How could he do this to me? I thought his love was real, but now it felt like a cruel joke, mocking what I believed in.

My heart felt heavy with every beat, and the pain spread through my whole body. Did our love mean nothing to him? I had so many painful questions, each one making it harder to hold onto hope.

Two years ago, Ford and I promised to always be there for each other. But seeing him with her made me wonder if it was all a lie. Did he ever truly love me, or was I just a temporary distraction until she came back?

Memories flooded my mind, reminding me of what we had. Even though I knew he liked someone else, I stayed, believing our love could survive. But now, watching him betray me, I felt foolish.

Lucas, Ford's brother, had warned me, but I didn't listen. I was sure Ford loved me. Now, looking into his panicked eyes, I felt anger and betrayal.

"Fiorella, please, let me explain. It's not what it looks like," he pleaded. But I couldn't hear him over the pain. Without a word, I turned and walked away, my heart breaking.

Outside, rain poured, matching the storm inside me. I stood there, letting the rain mix with my tears, trying to understand the chaos in my mind.

This wasn't how things were supposed to be. We were supposed to be happy together. But now, alone in the rain, I wondered if it was all a trick.

Why me? Why am I always left behind, picking up the pieces? The pain was almost unbearable, like a heavy ache. I fell to my knees, overwhelmed by grief. The world blurred as tears flowed. The pain was too much. And then, with a deep breath, I let go, surrendering to the darkness.