Chapter 67

Sebastian POV

I was busy cooking at the time, and I hadn't noticed the color of her eyes. But now, as we sat down to eat, I couldn't help but notice her eyes, which had a strong aura. It was different from Relly, who had a gentle and weak presence.

"Relly... you," I hesitated.

"It's Flo," she said.

I was surprised and glanced at her. I didn't know what kind of personality she had. Luca looked confused but didn't ask, while Luciano already knew about her from the day they met.

"Sebby... What happened?" Ehan asked as he returned, holding a bunch of white flowers.

He walked towards Flo and gave them to her.

"For me?" She looked surprised. Ethan shyly nodded, and she smelled the flowers before looking up and saying, "Thank you."

We resumed our journey, and halfway through the day, we reached Luciano's tribe. He approached the guards who were looking at us and appeared amazed at Flo, and we walked inside tribe.

"Who is she? Can someone tell me?"

"God! She's so beautiful. I heard from the guards that she's Luciano's soon-to-be mate."

"He's lucky. And any belle would like him; he's so powerful."

"Yes, apparently..."

"Wow... look at all her mates. They're all powerful, except for that abandoned mate. Why would she mate with him?"

"Maybe she likes him."

"Obviously, otherwise, why would someone mate with an abandoned one? Unlike me, who hasn't even got one mate."

"Hahaha... let's go try our luck."

Ignoring the chatter around us, Luciano led us to a cave that was further away from the crowded caves. He opened the boulder and walked inside, with us following him. The cave was remarkably tidy. I noticed a neatly stacked bed and some hunting tools. In the far corner of the cave, there was a bundle of fur skins in various colors, ranging from red to yellow.

"For you," Luciano said, giving her a stack of clothes. He looked tense.

"Thank you." She didn't hesitate taking them she put in space. Luciano's body relaxed, and a smile appeared on his sharp face.

"Let's go to our house. It's nearby," I said, smiling as I spoke. Everyone nodded.

After Luciano gathered some important things, we walked out.

"Luci~~~" I heard a cheery voice and looked over to see a handsome man standing there.

"He's Ashton," Luciano said. "And she's Fiorella. They're her mates. How are you?"

"I am fine. And I see you've actually found your mate," he replied, looking surprised. Our eyes met, and he seemed taken aback.

"Isn't that Belle Fiorella and Sebastian from the neighboring tribe?" I nodded in confirmation.

"Yeah, but we have to go," I said.

"Okay, okay. Take care," he said, winking at Luciano. He then walked into his nearby cave.

I was excited to return home, to the place I had built with my love. It was a quiet place where my family would live. I imagined my cubs playing in the grass, and I would be sitting there with her.

The closer we got, the happier and more content I felt. I longed to sleep in my bed with her in my arms.

"Finally, we've reached," I said.

However, a strange, unfamiliar yet familiar smell emanated from the cave, angering me.

"What happened?" Flo asked, her expression tense as she observed my face.

"Someone," I said forcefully as I pushed the boulder open.

"Oh God," I heard exclamations and gasps. My dream shattered before my eyes.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw the destruction of our perfect house. Our rooms and everything we had brought were destroyed, and the furniture we had put together was gone. The strong smell of sex made me feel disgusted.

"Sebastian!"

"Sebastian!"

"Brother!"

I knelt on the ground, staring blankly.

My dreams were shattered. I felt the need to be strong, but my body didn't respond.

I remembered all the moments we had spent there, where we had stayed. I recalled Charles sleeping anywhere and cuddling, and how we found Caelum, who became family.

"Sebby... please say something," my brother Ethan said, his face filled with worry. Flo also looked concerned.

"Who did this?" Luciano asked.

"It's Sandra," Ethan replied.

"Let's go," Flo suddenly said.

"Where?" Luca asked, and I raised my head.

"To kill her."

Monday
11 December 2023