Chapter 81

Sebastian POV

I felt a surge of worry. What if Rosa accidentally set kitchen on fire? He had gone out an hour ago to get some vegetables. I glanced at the assortment of vegetables he had placed on the kitchen counter.

"Are you not afraid of fire?" I asked him, He seemed unafraid to use it.

Rosa casually rested his head on my shoulder and whispered, "There's nothing I'm afraid of." He had a smug look on his face. I gently pushed his head away.

I remembered that he had previously admitted to being scared, which is why he doesn't avoids herds of horses.

lier plant.

When I saw the unfamiliar plants that I had never used before, I couldn't help but express my concern. He washed them and sat on the ground, cutting them as I instructed.

"Are you sure these plants aren't poisonous?" I asked when I saw the different plants I had never used before. He replied confidently, "I am a plant myself, so I know which ones are safe and harmful."

"But doesn't that mean you're harming your own kind?" I questioned, and suddenly realisation flashed on his face "you're right.."

"Owwwwuuuuu, sorry...owuuu, I didn't mean to harm you, owwwwwww," he burst into tears. But he continued chopping vegetables.

"..." I suspect he was shedding Crocodile tears.

Unable to handle his behavior any longer, I simply walked away. Unbeknownst to me, Rosa had a mischievous smirk on his face.

Author POV

As everyone gathered around the table for the meal, they were astonished by the variety of dishes in front of them. Doubts filled their minds.

"Did Rosa really make all this food?" Caelum asked, unable to believe it. Sebastian nodded helplessly.

Rosa smiled smugly and said, "Do you think I'm useless? I am very useful... I know many things..." Rosa stopped speaking when he realized no one was listening to him. Even started eating the food.

"Oh, God, now no one even listens to me," he exclaimed.

"..." Anyway, no one paid any attention to him.

Rosa then went back to the kitchen, wearing a smirk.

"I have fruit juice for all of you," he announced as he placed a glass near each person's plate.

Ethan hesitated but, seeing no harm, took a sip. Everyone else followed suit and started drinking.

"Wife, how is it?" Rosa asked excitedly as he sat in his chair.

Aurora drank the yellowish-orange juice and found it delicious, although she felt something was off about the taste. It seemed familiar to her.

"It's good," she replied as she placed some dishes on Ren's plate. Unlike his father, Ren enjoyed eating meat and vegetables. After all, he took after his mother in that regard.

Late at night, Aurora felt her head spinning, so she got out of bed, leaving Charles sleeping beside her.

Her mind felt hazy as she descended the stairs. Her eyes changed color from bluish-grey to violet, then green, and finally settled on black.

Upon hearing sounds from outside, Flo slowly walked outdoors. She was drawn to the nearby lake, driven by an inexplicable urge.

*Splash*

*Splash*

She gazed into the water, catching sight of a gorgeous merman's tail. It was Luca, enjoying his solitary time.

"You--" Luca approached her, his heart beating faster upon seeing her.

"Flo~" he said, noticing her eyes return to black color. He swam closer to the shore while she sat on a boulder near the lake.

"What are you doing here so late at night?" Luca asked, concerned.

"Just admiring the beauty," she replied, looking at Luca. He blushed and shyly looked down.

29 December 2023
Friday