Chapter 55

Maya's POV

I felt a pounding in my head as I slept next to the cubs. I wanted to wake up, but my eyes were getting heavier and heavier... and I fell asleep.

I don't know when Arnold and Luca returned, but they turned off the lights and fell asleep.

I felt a surge of energy. I could see several lights flickering in front of me, and my body was getting lighter.

**
[Next morning]

I woke up to find that Luca had already cooked breakfast. He seemed to be a fast learner. He always watched Flo when she made breakfast, and he had already learned.

But first, I needed to deal with the black, stinky thing that had discharged from my body. I quickly took a shower, washed my face, and cleaned every inch of my body. Still naked, I looked at myself in the mirror and froze.

All the scars from the fight seemed to have disappeared, and my skin looked even shinier. Especially my body seemed a lot lighter.

As I was looking at my body, I sensed someone was about to enter the bathroom. My expression hardened. I had forgotten to lock the door.

"Sorry--" it was Luca. His eyes widened as he looked at me, a blush making its way onto his face and neck.

I looked away from him without expression, grabbing a towel to wrap myself in.

"Get out."

"Oh, yes," Luca stuttered as he closed the door behind him.

**
When I walked out of the RV, I noticed that everyone was outside. Arnold was curiously looking at Luca, who was roasting meat on the fire, while Leo and Leon were playing with flowers.

"Floweer!" Seeing me, Leo happily ran toward me with small sparkling flowers in his mouth. I bent down to his level as he put them in my hands and rubbed his furry head against my hands. I felt my lips curling into a smile, as Leo ran away toward his brother cutely.

I heard a sound of something falling, and I looked over to where Arnold and Luca were looking at each other.

Ignoring them, I quickly sat near the pond and gazed at it quietly.

"Hey... Flo, let's go. We should eat foo-" Before he could finish his sentence, his legs transformed into a fish tail, and he was about to fall into the pond. I pulled him back just in time, as his pants had already ripped due to his tail.

When I pulled him into my arms, he quickly wrapped his arms around my neck, and we both fell to the ground. He landed on top of me, but he didn't put his full weight on me.

I looked at his smooth, flawless skin, which had turned red, and his expressive green eyes that were looking anywhere but at me.

His long hair fell on my face, tickling me. He smelled like the ocean breeze. I wondered if he tasted salty since he was a merman and had lived his whole life in the ocean. It wasn't surprising, right?

"WHO IS THIS VIXEN?" I heard a familiar voice, and I started.

Monday
4 December 2023