Chapter 104

Caelum POV:

After running the whole afternoon, we finally found a cave, thanks to Charles, who knew about its existence.

The hideout cave is a small and secret place hidden away from other beasts. It's like a cozy room made of rock and dirt. The entrance is usually hidden by bushes or rocks, making it hard to find. Inside, it's dark and cool, with damp walls and a dirt floor. We thoroughly checked the cave for any small creatures like spiders or bats, but finding nothing, we finally cleaned the cave together.

Lily also brought out her big RV, although we all can't fit inside. Nonetheless, it's not only good for Lily and the kids, but also for washing, cooking, and using the excrement.

Although we are used to doing our business in the jungle or in the open, she changed our habits. Now, it feels uncomfortable to do it in the open.

After making sure the cubs were sound asleep, we quickly washed ourselves as they must be very tired.

We gathered in an empty room to discuss our strategy for entering Beast City. Although we could go now, we were aware that without proper planning, we would surely be caught, as the Cockroach King and his minions were everywhere.

I noticed her eyes changing again after she washed herself.

Aurora...

Luciano asked, "So, who is going to Beast City as Lily told us?" I also wanted to go, but I didn't know if she would take me.

Her stern and cold eyes looked at everyone.

"Sirius, do you want to come with us?" she suddenly spoke. His always cold and cool eyes now looked at her in shock and nodded.

I wondered what he was thinking, but I'm sure he must have a lot of questions regarding her frequently changing eye colors.

Sometimes, I wished her eyes didn't change color. That way, she wouldn't attract the negative attention of other beasts who see her as a witch.

But her eyes are my favorite. I love every shade and color with all my heart.

"And Rosa will be coming. Arnold, Luciano, and Caelum, you all are going to Beast City," she said, surprising me.

I looked at Charles, Ethan, Luca, and Sebastian, and they all looked sad.

But Aurora stood up and walked towards Sebastian, holding his teary face as she kissed his forehead. Then she went to Charles, Luca, and Ethan.

"I am useless," muttered Ethan, but Aurora shook her head. She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them.

"Don't ever think you guys are useless," she said, her jaw clenched. She walked around, and no one spoke.

"I wanted to take you all, but if we all go, who will take care of the cubs?" she spoke softly.

"I am taking Sirius because on one know he was with us and no one will doubt him.

And Arnold because he knows the ways and he only knows where is his friend.

Luciano for his strength.

Caelum because he can fly.

Rosa is going to pretend to be a woman so no one suspects us.

So, don't underestimate yourselves. Without you guys, I am nothing," she spoke in a soft tone as Luca, Sebastian, Ethan, and Charles group hugged her, aurora was taken by surprise.

"So you guys are only separating from her, but what about me? Are you not going to miss this gorgeous peacock prince?" I pouted to lighten the heavy mood, and it worked. The four of them tightly attacked me with hugs, and I fell backward with them.

We all laughed as we started playfully beating and pulling each other. Luciano smiled at us and tightly pulled Sebastian, patting his back as they both hugged each other, joined by Luca, Ethan, and Charles.

Sebastian held Aurora's hands and asked, "But what about you? They also know you."

"Don't worry about that," she replied.

Finally, when I got the chance, I laughed loudly, and everyone gave me a look as if I were crazy.

"Guys, did you hear? Rosa is going to pretend to be Belle," I spoke, looking at Rosa, who was now glaring at me.

Realization crossed everyone's eyes, and they burst into laughter. Rosa became a raging bull as he ran behind me, shouting, "Peacock bitch, I am going to beat you!"

I ran behind Luciano, teasing Rosa, "First, can you even stand straight? Hahaha... not only are you going to become Belle, but also Rosa Lentus soap!" I stuck out my tongue, and my eyes widened when I was held from behind.

"Charles!" I shouted as his hands tightly held me.

Rosa grinned as he took out sugar toffees. He had told me that he knows Charles likes them, so he especially asked Lily for them, pretending that ren wanted to eat them. He gave all to ren but He also had some for himself and Charles. While running, he waved the toffee to Charles.

"Charles, buddy,you traitor!" I spoke angrily as everyone burst into laughter. Charles started rubbing his head against my back.

'This guy! I'm helpless,' I thought.

"Anyone can bribe Charles with sweets," Ethan jokingly spoke, and everyone nodded in agreement.

Aurora had a rare smile on her beautiful face, and I felt my heart beating out of control.

29 January 2024
Monday