Chapter 17

The white fox crept silently through the thick mud, its eyes gleaming in the faint daylight. The rain poured down heavily, obstructing its vision, but the fox had a clear destination in mind. It was determined to carry out its plan.

Sebastian POV:

As I came across a field teeming with small prey animals, my determination to make them my meal grew stronger. I moved stealthily through the mud, stalking each creature that crossed my path. With deadly accuracy, my jaws snapped shut around each one, ensuring I took only what I needed.

After storing the prey in my space, I ran toward the innermost part of the forest. The mating fruit had finally ripened, and I couldn't wait to take the final step of mating with her.

I couldn't help but remember our previous encounter, the intense gaze she had on my lips and the moment when she couldn't control herself and held my face. Her soft lips moved in sync with mine, so tender and warm. It was an incredible experience, and I felt a different kind of love.

And I wanted to experience more.

I ran toward the river at full speed, jumping in and washing my muddy paws. I swam for a bit before transforming into my beastman form. The cold water felt refreshing against my body as I washed away the blood, ensuring I didn't smell. I picked a purple flower, crushed it in my hands using my sharp nails, and washed my hair and body, cleaning every part. I even noticed that my hair became smoother. I then took a fragrant green leaf, chewed it, and spat it out to freshen my breath. I felt content as I transformed back into a fox and hurried back to my cave.

As I walked inside, I didn't know what surprise awaited me.

To my shock, I saw my brother kissing my mate.

I felt stunned and unable to process anything. It felt like my chest was being crushed.

I yelled out, "Brother!"

Ethan quickly backed away, panic evident in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry, Sebastian."

I approached him, gripping his arms tightly, and led him to my room, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. "Why did you do that, brother?" I shouted, unsure if he had lost his mind or if he actually had feelings for my mate.

He didn't answer, lowering his head as tears streamed down his face. He looked so vulnerable, and it pained me to see him like this. My heart softened.

Grabbing his shoulder, I continued to shout, my broken heart not allowing me to think clearly. "Brother, tell me... Tell me, do you like my mate? Do you like Relly? And what about Sandra? Tell me everything, brother."

"I DON'T LIKE SANDRA!!!" Ethan shouted, tears welling up in his eyes. "Yes! I don't like Sandra. It was a lie. I don't like Sandra! She was a scheming b*tch. She forced me and ruined me because she wanted revenge on you for rejecting her."

Each word registered in my brain, and my eyes widened in disbelief. My head was spinning. Was I the reason for my brother's misery? But I didn't regret rejecting Sandra. It was the right decision because the Beast God had already found the right one for me—Fiorella, Freya or rather, Relly, my love.

I had fallen deeply for her as time went by, and she had become my family, saving me and making me fall for her even more.

But now, why did it hurt so much when I saw my brother kissing my mate? I felt guilty for my brother, realizing that he had been living with Sandra to protect me. He was pitiful.

"It's my fault... No, it's my fault," I murmured, hugging Ethan.

"No... It's not your fault, Sebastian. It's all Sandra's fault," he reassured me.

Breaking the hug, I asked him one final question. "Brother, then do you like Relly?"

Ethan wiped his tears and knelt before me, a gesture that left me stunned. "Sorry, Sebastian. I promised you that I would never harm you, but now I am hurting you by loving your mate. I couldn't control myself... I'm sorry. You can punish me however you want, even if it means kicking me out... I'm sorry."

"Brother, why do you think that?" I knelt beside him, hugging him tightly. I couldn't imagine my life without my brother, and seeing him in pain broke my heart.

"I will help you," I said firmly, making him raise his head in confusion. "To become her mate."

Wiping his tears away, I forced a smile. My brother Ethan, who was five years older than me, had always been there to take care of me. Even though I didn't know who our parents were, Ethan had provided me with shelter during hard times and risked his life to save me multiple times. He was a strong and warm presence in my life.

My brother meant everything to me, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing him. Now I understood that he hadn't changed because he liked Sandra, but rather because he wanted to protect me.

I didn't know if Relly would accept him, but I believed in her. She was different, unlike any other Belles.

I am still doubting my life When I saw My random tags has most impressive rank 💀

5 may 2023, Friday