Chapter 54

Maya's POV:

I was chained and alone in my three hundred years of life. I was nothing but a game character in a holographic powerful game.

The world was in the 29th century, and the development was overwhelming, from artificial intelligence to teleportation without the need for any vehicle.

I was nothing but a contracted slave, a game character. I had been destroyed many times by players, only to come back to life and repeat the cycle. I felt darkness surrounding me. I felt an urge to destroy everything, and that's what I did. I destroyed everyone who had made me a slave in the game. In the era that developed after the apocalypse ended, people had awakened supernatural abilities, and I too possessed supreme supernatural powers.

After destroying the game, I was imprisoned in a lab because I had powers that were different from others. I didn't know any emotions other than what I felt, whether it was good or bad. I knew I felt bad when I was experimented on, and I also destroyed those who had done it to me.

In the end, I ended up in a red, gloomy neon room. I saw my other personality. Compared to them, who were lights in the world, I felt like darkness in the world.

“Why can't we be like them? Even Flo, who witnessed the cruelty of the apocalypse, was surrounded by lightness. Why can't we..." I heard a soft and elegant voice filled with numerous pains.

“We can only protect them from cruelty," I spoke as I looked at them enviously. I knew they were another version of me, but could I become like them?

“Yes," I heard another voice from far away.

I smiled self-mockingly.

Author's POV:

Lisa, who was wounded and unable to speak, was found in the forest by her mate.

“Daddyyyyyyyyy!" Lisa, who found out she could speak again, quickly entered her dad's cave and threw herself at him.

“What happened to my little Cockroach?" spoke Anther, the Cockroach king, who was living there because his daughter had become the most beautiful Belle of the Tiger tribe and had reached an agreement with the Tiger chief, who had connections to Beast City.

He was really proud that his two daughters were talented and beautiful, which made him proud. One was the Apple of the Fox tribe, and the other daughter was the Apple of the Tiger tribe.

“Daddy!" she cried. "That bitch took my man and killed my suitors."

“How dare she! Tell me, my little Cockroach, who is she? I will definitely avenge you."

Lisa's eyes filled with a vicious light as she told him how the woman had stolen her mate and killed the suitors she always took advantage of.

She forgot how she had run away, limping from fear.

However, upon hearing her, Anther's expression changed.

It looked like he needed to kill this Belle. No one could better than his two daughters, who would rule the Beastworld.

“Don't worry, my little Cockroach. No one will be better than you or your sister."

2 December 2023
Saturday