Chapter 86

Luca POV

"I want to stay by the lake," I told everyone as they went inside to sleep. Today was the happiest day of my life. I walked towards the lake and dipped my legs, which then transformed into a tail. I sat on a boulder, hiding my face in my hands. "I can't believe..." I smiled, splashing my tail in the water.

"I also can't believe my good friend would betray me like this"

My eyes widened when I heard a familiar voice. I stiffened.

It's Sirius

I turned around, Panic surged through me. We had been friends for a long time, witnessing each other's pain. Seeing the indifferent look in his eyes, I felt a deep sense of hurt.

"Sirius... It's just..." I couldn't even speak properly as he slowly walked towards me. "It's just that you fell in love with Belle, the one I loved," he spoke, pausing for a moment. "You even mated with her," he hissed with venom.

I nodded my head, unable to form words. But I truly loved her... So I couldn't... My thoughts were interrupted when I sensed danger approaching me.

*Hiss*

I evaded his attack, my eyes widening as I saw him transform into a half-snake. He coldly stared at me and attacked me again with his tail.

"Sirius, you..." I couldn't believe he was attacking me. I tried to avoid him, but he became more ruthless. Eventually, we ended up fighting inside the lake.

I lunged forward, striking with my claws, while Sirius hissed as he attempted to attack me again with his sharp tail. It felt as though everything was fair in love and war. Our clash created a whirlpool in the water.

Sirius looked furious as he unleashed venomous strikes. His snake-like body twisted and turned, striking with deadly accuracy. I had to rely on my agility and quick reflexes to dodge his venomous fangs.

I screamed as I felt his body  coil around me. My eyes widened as he lunged towards me. I couldn't admit defeat; I had a beautiful life ahead with her.

I desperately tried to free my claws, but he stopped.

I looked at him, and he looked back at me.

He laughed self-mockingly. "Unlike you, who betrayed me, I can't even kill you."

"Sirius..." My voice was weak as he tightened his grip in the air. I felt his sharp golden scales piercing my body.

"But I will harm you... Harm you greatly. You will feel so much pain," he spoke as he released his grip, and I fell to the ground.

Blood flowed from my head, but I managed to stand up.

"Stop, Sirius... I love her, and I will not back down. I am already her mate," I spoke, coughing up blood as his tail slapped me.

I stood up again and continued to attack him, aiming for his weak spot. I didn't want him to ruin Luciano and her mating night.

"Hahaha, you're funny, Luca," he spoke, showing no signs of stopping.

I didn't stop either. Although he was my friend, my family came first.

I don't know how long I fought. I felt pain all over my body, and blood clouded my vision. Sirius also appeared severely injured.

Why Sirius why Sirius we can Talk, we can Clear misunderstanding but you choose to Blame me, attack me.

"Why, Luca? Why did you break my trust?" I heard before I fainted.

1 January 2024
Monday