Chapter 71

Charles POV

I sat peacefully in my brand new room, leaning against the wall. The sadness washed over me as I realized that no one wanted to sleep with me. A growl escaped my lips, expressing my sorrow. Being alone was not something I enjoyed.

Unable to bear the any longer, I elegantly made my way out of the room. I walked slowly, Curiosity led me to peek into Luciano's room, where a lock on the door had not yet been installed. He slept in his bed, with his head resting between his paws. Sensing my presence, he raised his yellow eyes.

"Oops," I thought, realizing I had almost been caught. I decided to check Luca's room instead. Peering through the door, I saw him sleeping in his bathtub bed, submerged in water. While I enjoyed swimming, I couldn't bear the cold water. So, No-no.I moved on.

Finally, I arrived at Ethan's room. He was awake and deeply engrossed in working on something with wood. His focused expression was complemented by his sparkling brown eyes. I knew he wouldn't cuddle with me. Ethan was the kind of person who remained dedicated to one task, never getting distracted.

Feeling helpless and somewhat reluctant, I climbed the stairs to the third floor. It annoyed me that I couldn't navigate the stairs effortlessly like Sebastian, who could jump from one floor to another. Eventually, I reached the top and took a moment to rest. I was on the verge of falling asleep when I decided to continue my mission.

The first room belonged to Caelum. I observed his nest bed made of grass, and he lay there, covered by feathers. His eyes opened and met mine.

"Charles," he uttered in a drowsy tone.

"I'm just passing by," I replied and hurriedly moved on to Sebastian's room. He wasn't there, so I ran into Flo's room. There they were, sleeping together. I climbed onto the bed and joined them. Sebastian had his arms wrapped around her from behind, and I gently embraced her too. Reverting to my human form, I looked down at her. At that moment, she wore loose clothing, her long brown hair spread across the pillows. Her dark eyelashes cast shadows on her cheeks, and her plump, pinkish lips were fetal.

I held her right hand, which appeared much smaller than mine, and gazed at her face for a while. I didn't understand why she chose me, but I was grateful because of her, I had a loving and accepting family. Despite being a weak beast, I never felt useless because of her. She accepted me for who I am, no matter how clingy I became with everyone.

It didn't matter to me because I would never let her or anyone else go. However, I couldn't help but miss Arnold, Leo, and Leon. I wondered what they were doing and hoped that we would be able to see them again.

Suddenly, my eyes widened as a gorgeous flash of green light enveloped the entire world. The light illuminated Sebastian and Flo, making them look even more beautiful together. I kissed Flo's forehead, sensing Sebastian's eyes on me. I knew he was awake.

"Sparky season," he murmured sleepily. I nodded in agreement.

"sleep.." He spoke, I closed my eyes, feeling his hand patting my hair as I snuggled against her now, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Saturday
16 December 2023