Chapter 16

Ethan POV

After bad days, good days always come.

My happiest day living with my brother and brother-like friend, Charles.

And Relly.

I also learned that the cute jaguar has finally changed his name to Charles. I was glad he got his exclusive unique name because he always told me that when he got better with illness, he would get a better name for himself. Many people and I also suggested names, but he always shook his head.

I felt awkward because I had never been taken care of by someone other than my brother.

I was also amazed that the simple cave had changed so much in a few days. The stone bed was replaced by a softer and more comfortable one with amazing warm fur skin.

Sebastian dug a few more caves inside, and I got my private room. Lying on the softest fur, I felt like I was floating in the clouds.

And there was also a thing that reflected my face, and she called it a mirror or something. There were also wooden tables and many things I didn't even know existed, especially magical balls. Every room had this white ball which emitted lights, lighting up the whole cave.

"You're almost healed now," Relly said in surprise. Her voice always had some effect on me.

I looked at her and smiled. "Yeah! I have fast healing ability and thanks to you."

I always loved talking to her. Whenever I went insane due to the mate cancellation bond, she was always there to calm me down, which worked on me. She was always there to help me.

Sandra was a nightmare to me, who destroyed my normal life and made me feral. Thinking about this, I felt a shudder. My heart was very heavy, and everything was heading in an unknown direction, making me scared.

"Are you okay, Ethan?" Relly asked me when she saw me lost in thought.

"Mmm... yeah, I am okay! I was just thinking," to which she nodded with a smile. Her eyes were always calm and gentle.

She didn't smile much, but whenever she did, she lit up my entire world with her smile. I still remember that day when I transformed into my bear form; she looked at me with a surprised and excited look, which made me smile.

"Can I touch your furs?" she asked me, to which I nodded with a smile. She touched my fur and pulled my cheeks. It hurt, okay, but seeing a smile on her face, I accepted the cheek pull gladly.

"So soft," Relly exclaimed in happiness and hugged me, patting my head cutely. "Like a teddy bear," she said as tears gathered in her eyes. "When I was a child, my mom gifted me a bear stuffie. You just look like the real version of it."

Hesitantly, I asked, "What is stuffie?" Some words she told me were always hard to pronounce for me. I wonder which tribe she comes from that produced such an amazing belle.

My eyes widened when a small bear appeared in her hands. It really looked like me. I dipped my finger on its fur.

So soft.

"Can I take it?" I asked her, a little hesitantly. It looked like a child version of me, and I smiled uncontrollably.

I played with it softly, with the fear of what if I break it because of my little mistake. "Relly, why is it not moving? Is it dead?"

Hearing me, she burst into laughter. "Ethan, this was a stuffie made by, um, fur skins, hahaha."

I awkwardly smiled as I reluctantly gave her the stuffie, but she gave it back to me with the biggest smile. "You can take it, Ethan, if you like."

"Really?" She nodded her head.

I smiled, and I noticed two figures standing there and smiling at me.

I felt so good, tears began to gather in my eyes out of happiness.

That night, I slept with the stuffie peacefully, without any nightmares.

Now, we are eating on wooden chairs and eating tasty food made by Sebastian. I can't believe his cooking skills have become so good. After eating, Sebastian went hunting again and wanted to collect some things, and Relly was treating Charles.

I went back to my room, bored. I also wanted to go out for hunting, but Relly forbade me from it. Bored, I played with the stuffie, laying on the bed. I remembered that day when I accidentally saw Sebastian and Relly's lips attached to each other. I didn't know what they were doing, but it kind of turned me on, thinking about doing the same thing to her.

I sat up and walked back to the main hall. There was only Relly sleeping on the sofa, or what she called it. Charles was probably in his room, looking around, confirming there was no one around. I sat on the edge of the sofa and gazed at her.

I don't know why I never was able to fall in love with Sandra. Now I understand what they call a beau can only fall in love once. And I fell in love with my brother's mate.

Relly.

She was my savior, my love.

She is forbidden because

she is my brother's mate.

And I don't know if she even loves me because before her, I already had a mate.

And now I am feral.

Looking at her tempting pink lustrous lips, I couldn't resist.

I kissed her soft lips.

"BROTHER!"

🔪❤️