Chapter 63

Sebastian POV:

Everything was going fine. Caelum was taking us on a tour of his tribe, and then we were planning to visit the Beast Temple. I was incredibly excited to go there and receive a blessing with Relly.

However, most of the tour was spent with me glaring at the Peacock Beasts, who were eagerly displaying their feathers and taking off fur skirts. Because of this, we decided to change our plans and go to the Beast God Temple early.

Relly was sitting on my back, and we followed Caelum through a dense forest. After crossing flower fields, we finally reached the temple. It was a large cave adorned with various beast carvings, and sparkling red plants made the whole cave appear breathtaking.

I transformed into a human and entered, feeling a sense of calmness. I looked at Relly, who was already looking at me, her forest green eyes lost in mine. I held her hand and rubbed it softly, smiling at her. She nodded her head, and we walked together until we stopped in front of the holy statue of the Beast God. There was a small oil lamp and many different colored flowers surrounding the Beast God.

"Oh, are you here for blessings, child?" I heard an elderly voice and raised my head to see an old man with white hair standing there, his eyes calm.

"Yes, Elder Wanye," Caelum spoke.

We closed our eyes and prayed.

"Elder Wanye, meet them. She was my mate Fiorella, and they are my family: Sebastian, Charles, Ethan, Luciano, and Luca," Caelum introduced us.

"Oh, that's good! I knew it. You're blessed with a beautiful and talented other half," Elder Wanye spoke.

"Yeah! You already told me before. I wanted to ask you to see them and give them blessings," Caelum said.

He looked at Relly and put his hands on her head. Finally, he opened his eyes and looked at Relly sharply.

"No way... no way..." he took a couple of steps back.

"No... way... only one of you needs to exist... we need to treat you," he said, and I felt tense. I glared at him, understanding that whether it was Freya, Fiorella, or Relly, I didn't want her to disappear.

"Relly, let's go," Ethan spoke. I was scared and looked at Relly, who appeared shocked. I felt bad for her.

"Let's go" If they treat her, then she will disappear, I don't want that, my heart ached at the thought. We quickly walked out of the temple.

"Sebastian..." Relly looked at me with teary eyes. "Will I disappear? I don't want to go... please do something. I don't want to go."

"No matter what, one day you all will disappear, and only one will remain," I ignored Elder Wanye, who was walking behind us. Relly shivered, and tears fell from her face.

"Shut up before I end your life," Luciano roared. Elder Wanye stepped back, smiling. "If not me, someone else will treat her. It was destined."

"Elder Wanye, please," Caelum spoke coldly.

I hugged Relly tightly as she trembled. "Please, Elder Wanye. Although we respect you, you don't have to cross the limit," Luca's pleasant voice was sharp.

"Okay, okay," Elder Wanye went back into the cave.

My heart ached at the sight of her red and teary face. I held her close to me, and she fainted in my arms.

***

After she fainted, Caelum and we bid goodbye to his parents.

I carried her on my back, running steadily. She must have been very scared. If we stayed there, she would always remember him.

When we found a safe cave, we stopped there.

Luca took her from my back, and I quickly cleaned the cave with a broom that Relly had given me many months ago. I laid out a mat, pillows, and blankets, and made her sleep on them. Since we had night vision, we didn't need a light bulb. We only used it for her because she didn't have night vision.

I had no desire to eat.

"If I had known this would happen, I wouldn't have taken her there," Caelum spoke, his voice filled with sadness.

"No, it's not your fault," I reassured him. It was never his fault; it was Elder Wanye who had scared her.

My heart ached as I heard her sobbing in her sleep. I quickly hugged her and slept beside her, surrounded by the others who looked worried about her.

"Shhh... don't cry... I'm here... shhh, my baby... Don't cry, I will never let you go," I tried to calm her, and it worked. Ethan wiped her tears, and I kissed her forehead. Ethan and I took turns guarding the cave throughout the night. I was very tired and kept waking up whenever I heard a sound, making sure no one was around.

Saturday
9 December 2023