CHAPTER - 11

The Date

Taehyung rushed out of his father's office not only he was late for his date but also because he was feeling shy. He couldn't believe what he just said, that too in front of his father. He directly ran towards the elevator without looking back and rushed inside and hurriedly pressed the buttons.

He then fished out his phone from his pocket and proceeded to call Jeongguk. He really was an idiot, who in their right mind get late for a date they themself asked for. It was already 4:50 PM when he was in his father's office and he had asked Jeongguk to meet him at 'La Yeon' at 5:00 PM, and it would take him approx. 30 more minutes to reach there, it would be bad if made Jeongguk wait for him without telling him that he was late.

"Hello, Tae?" Jeonnguk answered the phone call. He picked the call in just two rings as if he was waiting for this particular phone call, his voice tone cold.

Taehyung had an intuition, that maybe Gguk was sure about the thought that Taehyung is going to cancel the meeting at last moment or ditch him at the last moment. And, now the way Gguk answered his call, it proved that he was right about this intuition of his.

Jeongguk did thought that Taehyung was going to cancel the meeting so he was already mentally prepared to that. But the answer he received from Taehyung was completely different from he imagined.

"Hey Ggukie. I'm really sorry, I'll be late for the date. Actually I came to meet Dad at Kim Corporation and we started having a deep conversation that we didn't paid any attention to time and didn't knew when that much time passed. I'm really really sorry, Ggukie. Please wait for me, I'll just reach there in few minutes." Taehyung explained as the elevators door opened and he was running towards the entrance of the company where his driver was already waiting for him. It was very evident from his voice that he was running.

"Hey Tae, Relax. Stop running. Calm down, Take a deep breathe. It's okay if you are late." Came a soothing voice from the other side of phone.

"It's not okay Ggukie. I'm late for our first date." Taehyung whined.

"Date? It's a date? I thought it was just a simple meeting." Jeonnguk questioned. It was not clear from his voice that he really was confused or was just teasing him.

"Ggukie!" Taehyung again whined, this time a bit loudly gaining attention of people around him. But he ignored all those stares and went inside his car.

"Okay so it's date.." Came the reply from Jeongguk, voice soothing and sweet. If anyone else saw Jeongguk at this moment he might get a heart attack because Jeongguk was smiling.

"Uncle, drive quickly to La Yeon." he said to his driver.

"Tae it's really okay if you are late. Don't rush now. Just take as much as time you want but please be safe. I'm waiting for you. I will always be waiting for you." came a sincere answer from the other side.

After listening those words, Taehyung went still. His hand which was fixing his hairs stopped. He became a complete statue. He somehow knew that Jeongguk was not just talking about this date, he was talking about his entire life. He also knew how sincere and true those words are. He of all people knew that Jeongguk will never back off from these words.

He knew that these words are nothing but truth of Jeongguk's life. Jeongguk will always wait for him. He did waited for him. In his past life, all he did was wait for him even after knowing that Taehyung will never come to him. The day his wait came to an end was also the day he lost his life. He never got the chance to enjoy the fruit of his wait.

"Just wait a little more Ggukie. I'm coming to you." Taehyung softly replied. He really hoped that Jeongguk will be able to understand the meaning behind his words.