CHAPTER - 75

His Journey

(This Chapter will be excerpts of Jeongguk's journey from the moment he came back in past to present. The time frame would be different. For Taehyung, the gap between Jeongguk and his death was 5 years but for Jeongguk it will be only 5 months. Let's start.

___________________________________________

"Tae.. you are my l-life . promise me- y-you will live on a-and be happy, you will not let my death in vain-" Jeongguk stammered with his sentence. 

"NO! you will survive, you will.... you have to...Please, for me." hot tears clouded Taehyung's vision making Jeongguk's heart clench.

'I don't want to die, if I died today who will take care of him? Who will protect him?' were Jeongguk's only thoughts.

He lifted his cold and bloodied hand and stroked Taehyung's cheeks gently, trying to wipe his tears, Taehyung grabbed his hand which was stroking his cheeks, clutched it tightly and nuzzled in the hand. 

Taehyung's hazel eyes filled with warmth, for him, for his husband who was taking his last breath. Taehyung gently lowered his head, he moved without any hesitation. Their faces were so close, a small gap remained between their lips and soon their lips were connected.

The kiss was slow and gentle, a declaration of his undying love for his Taehyung. 

Their first kiss. 

Jeongguk felt his heart break seeing the eyes of his love tearing up again, so much love in just one gentle kiss. He too couldn't control his tears as they flowed to his face, he closed his eyes and poured his heart out into the kiss. After few seconds their lips slowly separated. They stared deeply into each others eyes.

Jeongguk coughed as he felt difficulty in breathing. He knew it was end. It was time for him to leave his love alone, unprotected. He did made sure to order his men to protect Taehyung but his heart wouldn't feel that ease he would've felt when he himself made sure of his love's protection, in front of his own eyes.

'Just keep him save and let him be happy.  Always let him find his happiness, Please, his happiness is all I want. In every life time where ever I am send him back to me, doesn't matter if he hates me, I would be happy by just seeing him.' Jeongguk prayed while caressing Taehyung's cheeks.

"I am s-sorry my love" and he closed his eyes for always, a beautiful smile still on his face, his soul gone and all that left was his body in Taehyung's arms.

_______________________________________________

"President Sir..... President Sir!!!!" a familiar voice called and few seconds later he felt hands shaking him. Jeongguk jolted up and saw he was in his office while Soobin was shaking him.

"What? What happened?" Jeongguk confusedly questioned as he looked around frantically.

"You were sleeping President sir. I came here to inform that you are late for meeting." Soobin answered with a frown.

'What happened to President sir?'

"Oh! Let's go. We are already late for meeting." Jeongguk replied as he stood up from his chair and started walking towards the meeting room, his mind was a mess.

'Was all that just a dream? But it felt too real.'

"Start the meeting." Jeongguk said as he took his seat but his mind was stuck on the dream he saw.

"Meeting adjourned." after few minutes Jeongguk announced. He couldn't concentrate on anything. His mind was somewhere else.

"We will continue this tomorrow and there was mistake in third slide. Check it." with that he exited the meeting room, leaving everybody shock as nobody else caught the mistake except him even when he was not even paying attention.