CHAPTER - 31

The Nightmare

The howling of the wind brought Taehyung eyes to open. Where was he? Last thing he remembered he was sleeping on his hospital bed while cuddling Jeongguk.

Focusing in the dark of night, confusion washed over him as he came to realize that he was in a forest. Distant landscape of dark and dense forest surrounded him, he felt like he knew this forest. Beneath his bare foot, he felt the dry fallen leaves which created a lot of crunching noise whenever he moved.

He was surrounded by dark forest and yet as he scanned the somber forest, it seemed never ending.

The irony of night time in a dark forest suddenly sat into his body, that ghastly wind moving right through him and chilling his bones to that of splintering ice. The pitch black night, cold and foggy. The only thing that kept his body warm was the sweat dripping along the sides of his face.

The need to move started him forward through and he felt a sharp ache all over his body, maybe because he didn't moved his limbs in last two days, trying to fight against the change. Was he lost?

His heart began pounding fast in his chest, the blood pumping through his veins felt like it vaporized into nothingness, the colour of his face turned pale as he came across an abandoned house in the middle of forest after walking some miles.

He didn't wanted to go in the house, all he wanted to do was run away as far as possible, because the look of the house was more then enough to give him creeps. But he didn't know why his legs were taking him towards the house. He felt like his body was not in his control at all.

As he came close to the house, he smelled the old musty redolence stench of the house along with smell of something else which he couldn't recognize. When he steps on the front porch of the house, he heard a creak from underneath the floorboards. With every step, it seems like the creaking gets louder. He wrapped his hand around the rusty and almost broken door handle and slowly pulled open the unlocked door, door creating a creaking noise while opening.

The inside of the house looked like anybody would expect an abandoned house to look. Cobwebs lingers in every corner of the house, an antique furniture layered with dust sits perfectly arranged in the living room, infested with spiders and small insects.

Cautiously and unwantedly he walked farther into the house to explore. With every heavy step and pressure on the floor boards, it felt as if the house would collapse on top of him. He came across the kitchen as he continued walking farther.

An old wooden table sits in the corner, along with matching chairs. Fruits and vegetables on shelf and table rotten and insects could be seen on them. He then saw the faucet in the far corner of kitchen, dirty water drops dripping from him creating the only noise in the house other then his footsteps.

Soon he felt as if he is able to control his body again, he is master of his body again. Anxious to get out of this place, he started to walk back to the door and planned to exit, but was forced to stop in his tracks.

His heartbeat increased as he intently listened to a hard pounding noise, that appeared to be getting louder by every passing second.

Bang, Bang, Bang.

With every bang his heartbeat soared. He turned around and crouched behind a nearby staircase as the volume of pounding increased.

After sometime pounding stopped and a creepy silence was again prevailed in the house. He slowly came out of his hiding place. And soon he heard another noise, this time a very familiar voice, his Ggukie's voice, which seemed to be coming from upstairs, calling for some help.