CHAPTER - 26

The 'Gift'

"NO! DON'T OPEN IT! THROW IT AWAY!" Yuchen shouted and that made everyone look at her and ask what happened.

Mi Kwan assured her that nothing is going to happen, he opened the gift, there was a small box. He took out the boss and opened it. There was a beautiful snow glass ball with reindeers in it and a beautiful melody filled the venue.

 There was a beautiful snow glass ball with reindeers in it and a beautiful melody filled the venue

But suddenly, the lights went out and everything went dark. The room turned bleak, cold and completely dark.

For sometime it was quiet and somber in there and they all felt a chill as the darkness engulfed them. It was the most piercing darkness ever-it was not merely the darkness that came out of absence of light, it felt much more sinister then that.

The pitch black atmosphere was impenetrable and even Taehyung stood rooted to the spot, trying to stretch his eyes as wide as possible but he could barely make out a feeble outline of some distant objects.

The veil of darkness obscured his ability to see his target. He suddenly felt a hot breathe near his ears jolting him,

"Relax baby. I'm here." Jeongguk muttered as he gently rubbed his thumb on Taehyung's waist and his other hand clutched his cousin's hands who started shivering.

The only source of light in the venue was the glass ball held in Mi Kwan's hands. Mi Kwan who was surprised by the sudden darkness which engulfed the whole room came out of his trance and shouted,

"What is happening here? Is somebody going to check the lights."

"Sir we are checking."

Soon people began to whisper and suddenly the screen of LED in the center of venue, which was earlier showing couples photographs lit up again. An unsettling feeling began welling inside Mi Kwan. Something is not right.

Out of no where a static sound could be heard from the LED. Mi Kwan's voice filled the venue.

Mi Kwan's face turned pale, his hands became sweaty as he started shouting and ordering guards to take down the video as soon as possible. It did nothing but make people more suspicious of him. They started to pay more attention to it.

The First video- (TW-Mention of Drugs and Forcing)

Mi Kwan was sitting on the couch with alcohol in his hands.

"We have to do something."

"Yes we do need to do something." Another voice was heard, a male voice and a figure appeared with his back turned towards the camera.

"The Kims rejected the Mokpo Joint Venture project. Fuckers." Mi Kwan replied with gritted teeth.

"And what about that Kim Taehyung." The unknown figure asked.