Safe Place (Rafe Cameron)

This one is going to be a Rafe Cameron short story. You guys aren't dating but y'all both like each other and are best friends. You knew Rafe had a hard home life and so you were always there for him.

You were at your house just doing whatever being happy meanwhile Rafe was in the total opposite situation while he was at home.

At Rafe's house:
"Uhh dad can we uh talk?" Rafe ask Ward. "Sure son but make it quick I'm working." Ward says not even looking at him but his computer. "Okay um I need to know if it came down too it...who would you pick?" Rafe ask. "Pick who Rafe?" Ward ask. "Pick between me and Sarah." Rafe tells him. "I'm not picking between my kids I love y'all both equally, I love all of y'all." Ward says. "Okay I get that but you will I have to pick." Rafe says. "No I don't wanna pick." Ward says. "Okay but you are going to have to!" Rafe says now getting mad. Ward gets up out of his chair. "I need you to stop it." Ward tells him. Rafe stands up aggressively. "You just can't do it can you?" Rafe says. "Do what?" Ward says. "You just can't do the hard thing!" Rafe says. "I can't do the hard thing-" Ward says with sarcasm but Rafe interrupts him. "No you can't even look at me when I'm trying to have a real conversation with you!" Rafe says getting mad. Ward slaps him across the face. Rafe has tears in his eyes. "HOW MANY TIMES DID I BAIL YOU OUT BEFORE THAT?" Ward says getting in his face. Rafe stays speechless. "HOW MANY?" Ward says again. Rafe is still not saying anything. "You saved me? RAFE YOU FUCKED US! ALL OF US!" Ward shouts. Rafe looks at him with glossy eyes and shocked about his dad's actions. Rafe walks away from the situation out to the upstairs balcony and try's to hold his tears in and wipes them with his palms. "Is there something wrong with me?" Rafe says to himself.

Rafe calms down and goes to get on his dirt bike to leave to go somewhere.

You are watching TV in your living room when you hear a dirt bike pull up. You look out the window and see Rafe. "Rafe? What the hell is he doing here?" you say to yourself.

Rafe knocks on the door and you open it. He looks at you with a sad look. His eyes are red-ish, it looks like he just got done having a breakdown. His cheeks are pink like he's been made and they are stained with dried up tears.

"Rafe?" you ask him. "I know I should've called you before I came and I-I'm sorry It's just-" he says but you cut him off. "Hey hey it's okay. I don't mind." you say to him wiping some tears off his cheek. "Rafe? What happened?" you say grabbing his hand and pulling him in the house. You close the door. "Me and my dad got in an argument and he uh slapped me and yelled at me." Rafe tells you. You pull him in for a big hug. "Oh I'm sorry Rafe. I can't believe he would slap his own son." you say. "Yeah well you know how he is." Rafe says. "Do you wanna stay here for the night? I know it's getting late and you probably don't wanna go back home." you ask him. "Uh yeah I would love to. Thank you." He says and hugs you. "Of course Rafe." you tell him. "Y/N thank you for always being here when I need you." Rafe says. "I will always be here for you." you say with a smile. "You truly are my safe place." Rafe says. You hug him. "You know how happy that makes me feel." you say looking up at him smiling. "I love you." Rafe says shocked that he just told you that. "Oh Rafe. I love you too." you say shocked but happy. "No Y/N like I love you. I'm in love with you." he tells you. You pull away from the hug to step back and look at him. "You're in love with me?" you ask him. "Uhh yeah. Look I get it if you don't feel the same way. We are best friends after all-" Rafe starts to say but you cut him off by walking super close towards him. You cup his face with your hands and stand on your tippy toes to reach his lips. You kiss him and he breaks away to look at you for a second. He smiles and kisses you right back.