We Have To Try (Rafe Cameron)

You and Rafe are currently in an argument.

"Y/N! You have a fiancé waiting for you at a hotel! Yet you're with me. Were you just gonna be with me on the weekends and then go back to your husband!?" Rafe says.

"Look I made a promise to a man. He gave me a ring and I gave him my word!" you tell him.

"And your word is shot to hell now don't you think!?" Rafe says.

"I don't know! I'll find out when I talk to him." you say.

"This is not about keeping your promise. This is not about following your heart. It's about security." Rafe says.

"What is that supposed to mean?" you ask him.

"Money!" Rafe says.

"What are you talking about!?!" you say.

"He's got a lot of money! More than me!" Rafe says.

(Rafe is rich but the man you are with is way richer than him)

"I hate you. You bloody bastard!" you tell him.

"You leave here. I hate you." he says.

"Have you even paid attention to anything that's been happening?!" you say.

"I guess not. I think I must have misread all of those things." Rafe says.

"Yes you did." you say and walk down the stairs off the front porch to go to your car.

"You're bored! You're bored and you know it! You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something missing!" Rafe shouts.

"You son of a bitch!" you yell as you open your car door.

"Will you just stay with me?" Rafe ask.

"Stay with you? What for? Look at us we're already fighting!" you explain to him.

"Well that's what we do! We fight. You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you're being a pain in the ass! Which you are 99% of the time! I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. They have like a two second rebound rate and then you're back doing the pain-in-the-ass thing." Rafe says.

He shuts your car door and stands in front of it so you can't leave and y'all can finish talking.

"So what?" you say.

"So it's not gonna be easy it's gonna be really hard but we're going to have to work at this every day but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you forever, you and me." Rafe says.

You have tears running down your face but you smile at Rafe because he's fighting for you.

"Will you do something for me please? Just picture your life for me 30 years from now 40 years from now. What's it look like if it's with that guy, go. Go! I lost you once I think I could do it again. If you thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out!" Rafe says.

"What easy way!? There is no easy way no matter what I do someone gets hurt!" you explain.

"Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants! Stop thinking about what I want! What he wants! What your parents want! What do you want!?" Rafe ask.

"It's not that simple!" you say.

"What do you want?" Rafe ask.

You stay there standing silently not saying anything just thinking.

"Damn. What do you want?" Rafe ask.

"I have to go." you tell Rafe.

He moves out of the way and you get in your car.

*An Hour Later*

You just got back from breaking off your engagement and you are back at Rafe's.

Hes on the front porch drinking a beer. He sees you and walks up to you.

"So?" Rafe ask.

"You know how you said were do I picture myself in 30 years?" you ask.

"Yeah." Rafe nods.

"I see myself with you. Rafe I love you." you say to him.

"I love you too." Rafe says.

"Now stop standing so stiff and kiss me." you say with a smile.

Rafe walks closer to you and picks you up and kisses you. It's the most passionate, loving kiss ever.