Don't Blame Me (Rafe Cameron)

It was two in the morning when you awoke with the sound of yelling coming from the neighbors house.

You lived next to the Cameron's.

You knew that Ward was a murderer and you knew he was dangerous. It was three days before the court date where the judge was going to either deny the murders or accuse him. Rose was stressed because she knew if her husband was in jail then that would mean should would lose everything. None of the house stuff is hers, everything belongs to Ward. Sarah moved out almost a year ago to go live with John B and Rafe still lives at the house.

You open the window to hear Ward and Rafe yelling at each other. Enough is enough. You knew how Rafe and Ward's father/son relationship was and it definitely wasn't perfect. Ward was abusive, verbally, physically, and emotionally.

You snap out of your thoughts when you hear a loud bang. Was that a gun? You start to worry. You have always loved Rafe and felt bad for him. He always took the blame for his father's mistakes and did things to please him but it was never enough.

In a rush to go over to the house, you put on your hoodie and keep on your pj shorts. You throw on some slippers and slightly but fast you walk down the stairs. You go into your dad's office and look through his desk drawer for the code for the safe.

"3769". You whisper to yourself.

You go to the safe and put in the code. It opens. You grab what you needed and put it in your hoodie pocket.

You go out through the back door and run to the Cameron's house.

You put your back against the side of the house where you can hear Ward and Rafe yelling.

"Dad calm down!" Rafe says.

"No Rafe! You are no good to this family!" Ward says.

"I...I tried to save you!" Rafe says.

"Save me! You think you tried to save me?! Rafe you fucked us! All of us! You killed Peterkin and now I might have to go to jail for you! Do you know what that will do for our family? For Rose? For Sarah?" Ward says.

Rafe killed Peterkin? You think to yourself.

"Sarah? She moved out she isn't part of this family anymore! All of this is your fault!" Rafe says.

"I did the things I did for the sake of this family!" Ward says.

You sneak into the house and see Rafe and Ward arguing in his office.

You listen by the wall.

"You didn't do shit! You murdered people! Innocent people!" Rafe says.

"Well you just wait for Thursday because when the judge ask me to give me my statement I'm gonna tell them how you killed Peterkin. If I go down you go down too." Ward says.

"I didn't mean to kill Peterkin! I tried to kill you!" Rafe says.

You jump as you're shocked.

"Kill me!? You tried to kill your own father!" Ward says.

"I'm sick of the way you have treated me and you're a bad person! I can't keep living like this anymore!" Rafe says.

"Don't you worry son because you want be living much longer." Ward says as he goes behind his desk and pulls the gun out of the drawer.

"Dad stop! Don't do this!" Rafe says with fear.

I walk to where Rafe can see me but Ward can't.

Rafe notices me and gives me a look to get out.

I shake my head no and grab the gun out of my pocket.

I walk quietly behind Ward and stick the gun to his head.

"Drop the gun Ward." you say.

He doesn't.

"I said drop the damn gun!" you say.

"Okay." he says and he goes to set it down. Before he does he shots it.

I shot him in the head as a reaction for what he just did.

I gasp at myself as I pulled the trigger. I look to see Rafe and he isn't shot. Ward missed.

Rafe runs up to me as Ward drops down on the ground.

"Y/N you saved me." Rafe says and gives me hug.

He looks into my eyes and we kiss.