You Came Back (Rafe Cameron)

Rafe has been away for a year now. You and him were in a long term relationship. One day in August he told you he had to leave OBX. You didn't know why so you kept asking him but he wouldn't tell you. All he said was that is was business stuff for his dad. Which didn't make that much sense at the time, because he didn't work with Ward. You and him didn't break up but after about 3 months of him being away you guys stopped communicating. He didn't see other people, neither did you. You waited for him to come back. He didn't tell you how long he would be gone but you counted down the days hoping he would be at your door, but he wasn't.

It has been a year since you last saw him. You started giving up hope. Your friends knew how bad you were struggling and tried to show comfort as best as they could but nothing helped.

Y/N's POV:

I woke up at the ass crack of dawn, not being able to sleep. I go on my phone and just scroll through it for an hour. I see it's almost 7 am.

I go to my bathroom and wash my face with cold water. That always wake me up. I then do the rest of my skincare and then brush my teeth.

I drink some water out of my cup that was on my nightstand. I lay back in bed and continue to scroll on my phone.

It's now 9 am and I decide to head downstairs for something to eat. I look in the fridge but nothing sounds appetizing. I look in the pantry but there's nothing.

"I guess I'll just skip breakfast." I say to myself.

I head back upstairs and decide to get ready for the day because that always makes me feel better.

I do my hair and some light makeup. I pick out my outfit for the day and since the weather is rainy and it's actually kind of cold I put on a light weight sweatshirt and some leggings. I put my jewelry on and perfume/deodorant.

I grab my phone and walk back downstairs. I grab my keys and lock the front door behind me as I leave my house. I go in my car and drive to the chateau. Hoping to see John B, JJ, Sarah, Kie, or Pope there.

I arrive and see JJ.

"Hey Y/N." JJ says in a sleepy voice almost as if he had just woken up.

"Hey JayJ." I say.

John B comes out of his room after what looks like he had just gotten ready for the day.

"Hey Y/N. What's up?" John B ask me.

"Nothing much." I say leaning over the kitchen island.

"Me and JJ we're gonna go get breakfast along with Sarah, Pope, and Kie. You wanna come?" John B ask.

"Yeah sure." I say.

"Great. Okay JJ put on a shirt and me and Y/N will be in the twinkie." John B says.

JJ nods and goes to his room.

He comes out wearing some sweatpants and a t-shirt with some tennis shoes.

We get in the twinkie, John B driving of course and JJ in the passenger seat. I'm in the back.

We go to pick up Pope, Sarah, then Kie and we all head to The Wreck for breakfast.

We get our table and sit down. We have ordered our food and we are now just talking.

"It's funny how I'm still here even though it's my day off." Kie says.

We all laugh.

We finish breakfast and decide to just walk around town.

We are walking and I stop walking. I close my eyes and open them again to make in sure I'm not dreaming. Rafe? My eyes fill with tears as I see him walk closer. "Y/N? Why'd you stop?" JJ ask me. I point over to Rafe's direction. Everyone then sees him. I speed walk towards him and fall into his arms.

"Rafe? What? How? When? When did you get here?" I ask him.

"I just got here." he says.

"Where were you?" I ask him.

"I was with Ward...he um wouldn't let me leave. I snuck onto a boat to come here." he tells me.

I give him a big hug wrapping my arms around his neck and his arms around my waist squeezing me tight into the hug.

"I missed you." I tell him.

"I missed you too, Y/N." Rafe says to me.

We look into each others eyes and kiss each other.

The rest of the group comes over and hugs Rafe.

"How long are you here for?" I ask him.

"Forever. I'm not going anywhere again. I'm not leaving you." Rafe says.

"Promise me?" I ask him.

"I promise." Rafe says.

We hug again feeling at home with each other.