Happier Part 1 (Rafe Cameron)

You just moved to the OBX. Your mom got a new job so you had to pack up your things and move. You didn't wanna leave your hometown, your friends, your school, and your family. You didn't want to start a new life when you were happy with the one you already had. You were worried how a summer in a new town would be like. What you didn't know is just how fast things could change.

Y/N's Pov:

My mom parks her car in front of our new house. Not home because I don't feel at home yet. It's a big white house in a rich neighborhood. Yes we are rich but I don't really care about rich people things. I mean I like it but I'm not the type to boast about the things I have. I am privileged but I know most people don't have the things that I have. My mom has always told me to be humble and kind.

As I help my mom grab the boxes from the car I see my new neighbors out in the front yard. There's a mom, a dad, two daughters, and a son. They look happy. For as long as I can remember it was just me and my mom. My dad died when I was just a few months old. He was a fire fighter and died saving a family from a burning building. I have always admired my dad's bravery.

My mom unlocks the front door and we set the boxes on the kitchen table. The guys in the U-Haul Van bring in our main furniture like the couch and beds.

After about 45 minutes of unloading everything, my mom makes the suggestion to go introduce myself to the neighbors.

I go to the house where I saw the happy family earlier. I knock on the door and see a woman who I assume is the mom open it.

"Hi. I wanted to come introduce myself. I'm Y/N. Me and my mom just moved into the house next door." I say.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Rose. Why don't you come in and I'll make you some tea. You probably exhausted." Rose says.

"Really? I just hope I'm not intruding on anything?" I say.

"No not at all. We love meeting new people." Rose says.

"Okay. Great. Well thank you." I say following her into the kitchen.

She grabs two tea cups and pours some tea in them.

"Thank you." I say.

"Of course sweetie." she says.

Just then man approaches us.

"Oh Y/N this is my husband, Ward." Rose introduces you two.

"Hi, Ward. I'm Y/N." I say shaking his hand.

"Ward, Y/N and her mom just moved into the house next door." Rose mentions.

"That's great. This might be a weird question to ask but how old are you?" Ward ask.

"No not weird at all. I'm 16." I tell him.

"Perfect. I have a daughter, Sarah, who is 16 as well. Maybe you two could meet." Ward says.

"Of course." I say.

"Perfect. Hey Sarah? Would you come downstairs?" Ward says.

I see a blonde girl come downstairs. She's really pretty.

"Yeah dad?" she ask as she sees me.

"This is Y/N, she just moved here and she's your age." Ward says.

"Hi!" she says.

"Hey!" I say with a smile.

"You wanna come to my room and we can chat?" Sarah suggest.

"Yeah sure." I say.

I set my cup of tea down and tell Rose thank you again for the tea. I follow Sarah upstairs to her room. We talk about our life and get to know each other. By the end of the conversation it feels like we have known each other our whole lives.