Not a goodbye (Rafe Cameron)

A/N: Rafe is your boyfriend and he informs you that there are some bad people that are looking to kill you in exchange for the gold. He says you have to leave that night to go to South America while he stays back at OBX. He tells the rest of the pogues and they agree to come with you to make in sure your safe.

Your Pov:

I arrive to my boyfriend's house. Rafe Cameron. He called me 15 minutes ago to come over because he said we needed to talk. By the tone of his voice, he seemed worried. I'm so confused on what's about to happen but I know it can't be good.

"Rafe!" I call out.

"Y/N!" Rafe says giving me a hug as he is relieved to see me.

"Rafe? What's going on? Why'd you call?" I ask him.

"It'd be easier to explain if you sat down." he says.

"Okay." I say now worried as I sit down on the couch.

"Um. What I'm about to tell you is scary and it might frighten you but you can't be scared, you'll be safe." he says.

"Rafe just tell me what's going on. Your worrying me." I tell him as he holds my hand.

"Well Topper called me and he overheard some guys talking about you. They said they were gonna track you down and try to kill you." Rafe says.

"What!" I blurt out.

"In exchange for the gold." Rafe finishes his sentence.

"Kill me in exchange for the gold? Does Topper know these dudes?" I ask Rafe.

"No. He was at the marina and overheard them. I don't know who they are either but you gotta get out of OBX. You have to leave. For your safety." Rafe tells me.

"No way! Rafe I am not leaving you. I can't leave my home." I say as I stand up.

"Y/N it's for your own good. I can't have you be killed. You gotta get outta here until it's safe to return. I don't won't you to leave either, trust me but I rather know your safe in another part of the world then you be dead." Rafe tells me.

"I'm gonna miss you so much though." I say.

"I know I know." Rafe says as he brings me into a hug. Us both have tears in our eyes. "I'm gonna miss you too." he says.

"When do I have to leave?" I ask him.

"Tonight." Rafe says to me.

"Tonight?" I ask him.

"If you stay here anymore it increases the chances of you getting killed. Look my dad has a plane and I called the pilot to take you to South America." Rafe tells me.

"South America? What? That's so far away." I tell him.

"I know but I need to know your safe. My family has a house there and I'll give you the pin to get in. I also called the pogues to keep you company. They said they have to go down there anyways for some treasure hunt. They are gonna make in sure your safe." Rafe tells me.

"Are you sure this isn't your way of breaking up with me?" I ask Rafe.

"What!? Of course not. Y/N I'm just trying to protect you. It physically hurts me how much I'm gonna miss you. I'll be counting down the days and keeping a look out for these guys until I know it's safe for you to return." Rafe says.

"Okay well I guess I should start packing. What time will the plane get here?" I ask Rafe.

"8." Rafe says.

I check the time and see it's 7:22. "I need to pack." I say.

"I'll help you. Hell most of your stuff that's at your house is here as well." Rafe says trying to make me smile.

I laugh. "Cause I'll never know where I would be." I say.

Me and Rafe start packing my things. I feel up two suitcases worth of my items because I don't know how long i'll be there.

We finish and it's 7:50. We get in the car to drive to the landing strip where the plane is at. The pogues are already there and it's dark outside. Me and Rafe get out of the car and he goes to put my suitcases in the plane.

He comes back and we just look at each other with sadness that I have to leave.

"So this is goodbye?" I say.

"No, no, n- it's just a place to keep you safe." Rafe says.

Me and Rafe hug each other and kiss each other bye. Rafe drops me off in the plane.

Rafe's Pov:

"If you do anything to her, anything. I swear to God I'll find you." I say to John B.

John B just looks at me knowing I'm serious.

"We'll keep her safe." John B says.

John B walks off to get in the plane and then I see Y/N step out of the plane.

"Y/N please get back in the plane. You gotta go." I say to her.

"Only a minute..." she says to me with tears in her eyes.

I run up to her. "I'm here..." I say. "You have to go Y/N, please." I tell her as I'm on the verge of crying.

"I love you." she says to me.

"I love you too." I tell her.

"Your the best thing that has ever happened to me." she tells me.

Me and her hugs as she cries into my shoulder and I'm filled with sadness.

"I'll see you soon." she says to me.

"See ya soon darling. Love you." I say.

"Love you too." she says as she walks in the plane and it takes off.

I sit on the ground and break down crying.