Court Case (Rafe Cameron)

Rafe is being held in court for the murder of Sheriff Peterkin. In this Rafe didn't commit the crime, Ward did. You are Rafe's girlfriend.

You and Rafe are getting ready to go to court. You are getting dressed. You didn't really need to dress up for the court because it's the obx, the only people that will be wearing suits and dresses will be the rich assholes. Rafe is ready but he looks nervous. "Hey. Look at me. Whatever happens today, just know you're innocent. I'm right by you side. Everything is going to be okay." you say reassuringly. "I know. I love you, thank you for being by my side." Rafe says. "Of course and I love you too." you tell him.

You and Rafe's Court outfits:

You guys get in Rafe's truck and drive to the court house

You guys get in Rafe's truck and drive to the court house. You notice Rafe is sorta of tense the whole ride there so you take your hand and place it on his leg, making Rafe not so tense.

You guys arrive and get out. There are people outside of the court house some that are on Wards side and some that are on Rafe's side. You bump into the pouges. You are best friends with all of them and you told them what happened. They are all here in support of Rafe.

You guys are in court and the jury is asking Rafe questions. "Sir, where were you during the crime?" the jury ask. "Your honor, I was there. I saw everything happen with my own eyes." Rafe explains. "Okay, so what I have on record is that you had the gun and shot her on the airstrip." the jury says. "What records? I never shot her. I didn't have a gun." Rafe says. Rafe's lawyer does some speaking. "Your honor, Rafe would not kill someone. There is physical proof to show that Rafe is innocent." his lawyer says. Ward and his lawyer is silent during this time. "And may I hear those?" the jury ask. "Uh, yes." the lawyer says getting ready to explain. "The story I got from Rafe was that his girlfriend and him were trying to stop the plane from leaving because Ward had actually taken Sarah with him, when she didn't wanna go." the lawyer says. The jury sits and listen when Wards lawyer interrupts. "I object." Wards lawyer says. "Silence." the jury says. "Continue please." the jury says. "Of course. So Rafe pulled his truck in front of the plane to stop it. Ward did stop the plane before it hit Rafe and the truck." the lawyer says. "And when that was going on, had the sheriff pulled up at that time?" the jury ask. "No your honor. Ward then got out of the plane along with Sarah. Ward came over and hit his son, angry at him. Sarah ran over to Y/N, Rafe's girlfriend." the lawyer says. "This is excellent information now I would like to have Y/N, up here on the stand." the jury demands. Everyone looks at you. You get up and come over. A man brings a bible out. "Do you swear that the evidence you shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" the man says. "I swear." you say as your hand is on the bible. The man moves and you sit next to the jury. "Okay Miss. Y/N, what was going on after Ward and Sarah had gotten out of the plane?" the jury ask. You look at Rafe feeling everyone's eyes on you. "When they had gotten out of the plan, me and Rafe got out of the car. Ward was yelling at Rafe and hit him. Sarah came over to me and hugged me with tears in her eyes as she was freaking out. Ward tried to force Sarah back in the plane but she refused." you say. "I object, your honor. I didn't force Sarah, she's my daughter. I asked her if she would." Ward says. "Not your turn Mr. Cameron. Continue Y/N." the jury says. "Sure, um so yes Ward did try to force Sarah back in the plane but Sarah got out of his grip and hid behind me and Rafe. Rafe told me and Sarah to get in the truck, so we did. Sarah called the police about what happened and that's when Peterkin had arrived." you say. "Now when she arrived what look did Ward have on his face, was he calm, nervous?" the jury ask. "He was angry. He was filled with rage but put on a manipulative expression. Peterkin had walked closer to him and talked to him. I don't remember what all was said but that's when Ward reach into the plane and pulled out a gun. He didn't shoot her yet, me and Sarah had saw the gun and were terrified. Rafe was still near his dad, telling him to drop the gun. Peterkin had told him to drop the gun. He did. She told him to put his hands behind his back and she handcuffed him. Ward had some how was able to grab the gun before she had the handcuffs all the way on and that's...that's when he shot her." you say tearing up. "What did you do immediately after that?" the jury asked you. "Me and Sarah got out of the car. Ward dropped his gun right after he shot her. Me, Rafe, and Sarah were panicking. We didn't know what to do but Rafe took of his shirt and put it on Peterkin's blood shot wound. He tried to stop the bleeding but it was just too much. Sarah was crying and so was I. I remember asking her dad what was wrong with him. Ward grabbed the handcuff keys out of Peterkins pocket and picked the lock on the handcuffs. He got back in the plane, while the rest of us were trying to help Peterkin. Ward took off in the plane. I decided to call the cops and that's when I told them that Peterkin was shot, now whoever was on the phone couldn't here us that well we are guessing because they were breaking up and didn't respond, so me and Sarah took Rafe's truck to the police station. Rafe stayed back and tried to help Peterkin." you say. "Okay thank you for this information Miss. Y/N. Now I'm gonna have a chat with Rafe." the jury says. "Okay." you say and make your way back to your seat neck to Kie. "Rafe, while Y/N and Sarah went to the police station, what happened at the airstrip?" the jury ask. "I tried to stop the bleeding and put pressure on it. I felt her breathing slowly deteriorating so I did CPR but it wasn't working. While trying that a couple of times that's when Shoupe came and saw the state of Peterkin and myself. He asked me what happened and it was hard for me to get the words out but eventually I told him everything. I had blood stained hands while driving to the hospital with Shoupe and Peterkin in back. When the doctors took Peterkin away, Shoupe wanted to talk to me. I explained what happened but he didn't believe me, instead he arrested me." Rafe says.

The court case continued for an hour. We got close to the end when Ward finished speaking. The jury made her final decision. "I hear by declare Rafe Cameron..." the jury speaks and we are all nervous especially me. I don't know what I'd do if Rafe went to prison. "Not guilty." the jury says. We all let out a relief sigh. "Ward Cameron, pursuant to the North Carolina statue, section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree, with aggravated circumstances the maximum sentence will be the death penalty." the jury says ending the case. Rafe hugs his lawyer and you run over to were he is and hug him, you guys both crying. Everyone comes and surrounds Rafe with hugs.

You and Rafe decided to go straight home after a long day. You guys change into comfy clothes and cuddle in bed. "I'm so happy the jury believed us." you say. "Same but I don't think my dad will get the death penalty." Rafe says. "Rafe, your dad killed someone, they aren't gonna take that lightly." you say. "I know but come on Y/N it's my dad, he'll probably buy his way out of that place in a week." Rafe says. "I doubt it, let's just relax and watch TV." you say. "Yeah." Rafe says. You and Rafe cuddle up and watch FRIENDS.