Popularity (Rafe Cameron)

A/N: Thank you to @internetvx4mpire for the request!

You and Rafe used to be best friends but after he got more popular at school he started ignoring you and leaving you out of things like hangouts and party's. You didn't understand why he was doing this but you knew the key factor in this had to be because of his popularity. Him ignoring you most of the time really upset you until you just finally had enough and you and him just lost all communication.

Some times when Rafe would blow you off:

1 month ago-
"Hey Rafe, I was thinking you come over to my house tonight for dinner. What you say?" you ask him.

"I can't. Me and my friends are going to Chads party tonight." Rafe tells you.

"Yeah you're friends." you say.

3 weeks ago:
"Rafe you wanna hangout tonight we haven't in awhile?" you ask him.

"Tonight I'm hanging out with Skylar and a couple other people. Sorry Y/N." he says to you.

"Ugh Skylar? Really? I hate her." you say.

"So? I don't give a shit. I can hang out with whoever I want to." Rafe says to you as you guys walk to y'all's class.

"Rafe that's not what I meant." you say.

"Whatever." Rafe says as he walks into class.

2 weeks ago:
"Hey Rafe." you say to him as he's talking to some of his friends. Chad, Skylar, Elena, Topper, and Kelce.

The girls give you dirty looks.

"Oh hey Y/N." Rafe says to you.

"So Rafe-" you're about to speak as Skylar interrupts.

"Rafey do you wanna come to my house tonight? I'm thinking of having a few friends over." she says making flirty eyes at him and wrapping her arm around his.

"S-sure I'm always down for a good time." Rafe says with a smile.

You roll your eyes and stand there as you wait for your invite.

"Oh sorry Y/N my parents are only letting me bring a few friends." she says with the fakest voice you've ever heard.

"Right. Yeah. Okay. Well, bye bitches." you say as you walk away.

1 week ago:
"Hey." Rafe says.

"Hey Rafe." you say surprised that he's talking to you.

As he walks closer in your direction he walks right past you and does his little friend handshake with Topper.

You stand there awkwardly think Rafe was finally talking to you.

End of recap.

Y/N's POV:

Rafe has just been so different lately and I can't stand it anymore. Where's our old friendship? What happened to us? Whatever it doesn't matter anymore because he seems much more happier with his new friends. I'm done trying to get his attention. If he doesn't want it that's fine someone else will.

It's been a month since I've had any type of interaction with Rafe. I'm at school as I go to my first class of the day. I sit down at my seat and scroll through my phone as I wait for class to start. Rafe walks in and he walks past his original seat he sits at that's in between Skylar and Kelce. He goes and sits next to me. I'm confused on why he's doing this but I'm not gonna give him the attention.