If You Were Mine (Rafe Cameron)

Y/N's Pov:

I'm at the bar waiting for my boyfriend to meet me here. We planned on hanging out and this bar is the closest place to his work and he said it was the most convenient for him.

I've been standing here for an hour and no sight of him. Is he blowing me off? I call and call and call him over and over again but no answer.

*Rafe sees you at the bar*

I decide to call him again. Hoping he'll pick up this time.

"Who are you calling fifty times?" Rafe ask me catching me off guard.

"Excuse me?" I ask him.

"Who's not answering?" he ask.

"Um my boyfriend." I tell him as my call goes to voicemail.

"If I were him, I would have answered at the first call." Rafe says walking closer to me.

"Would you?" I ask him.

"Wanna try?" he ask me.

"Rafe." I say.

"If you were mine..." Rafe says.

"I still have a boyfriend." I tell him.

"He's not here tonight." Rafe says.

"Well he's going to show. Just watch." I say not knowing if that's even true.

"Y/N you've called him 50 times. You've been waiting over an hour. He's not coming." Rafe says stating the obvious.

"Wow, way to soften the blow man." I say.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. Just, you shouldn't be waiting on him like this. C'mon let's have some fun." Rafe says.

"I guess you're right. Okay yeah let's have some fun." I say trying to make myself feel better.

"Atta girl okay first shots." he says taking my hand and leading me to the bar.

"4 shots please." Rafe ask the bartender.

The man places the four shots down.

"2 each?" I ask him.

"Yeah. You can't just start off with one. You gotta let loose Y/N." Rafe says.

"You're right." I say and take the two shots and put one in each hand.

I down the first one and then the second one a few seconds later.

"Damn slow down not too fast." Rafe says.

"No you're right I gotta let loose and have fun so let's have fun." I say to him making him let out a small chuckle.

After we had the shots I ordered me a martini and Rafe got some whiskey.

We've been sipping on our beverages and talking when my phone starts ringing.

I first don't hear it until Rafe points it out.

"You gonna get that?" he ask me.

"Oh yeah. Thanks." I say and get my phone out of my back pocket. It's my boyfriend.

I stare at the screen not knowing if I should answer or let it ring.

"Who is it?" Rafe ask.

"Uhhh..." I say and he takes my phone and sees it's my boyfriend.

"No." Rafe says.

"No? No what?" I ask him.

"No. You are not going to answer him. Let it ring. Forget him. He stood you up." Rafe says.