Enter, The Papaldian Empire (2)

Fenn's Royal Palace, 1 Hour after the Attack

Diplomat Koichi Looked at the mess with a horrible expression, this was not something that Japan needed, a War with another country, he was certain that this was going to boil into a Marco Polo Bridge Incident all over again if they weren't careful.

However, those unknown forces clearly attacked the Yamato first, thankfully they killed them all before they could do any serious damage bearing the Palace, now the Yamato was heading north, where they found the 'enemy' fleet and was going to go force them to pull back by any means, they had already taken down the Rising Sun Flag as a Precaution

"What a mess... We've certainly stepped in it now..." He said to himself

Before things settled down, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs canvassed the area and determined the following:

-According to the Kingdom of Fenn and the military officers from other countries, the attacking force was most likely from the Papaldia Empire, a country located 500 km to the west from them. They belonged to the Third Civilization and were considered one of the world's 5 superpowers.

-The squadron belonged to Papaldia's so-called "imperial oversight army," and they were probably dispatched by the 3rd foreign affairs department, which deals with countries outside of the civilized area.

-They must have been executing a punitive strike on the Kingdom of Fenn and chose the Military Festival in order to assert their authority over all the countries in attendance. In other words, this was gunboat diplomacy.

-As reported by the IJN, there was a fleet of 22 ships Now about 177 km North west of Fenn that was currently sailing east at about 15 knots. the IJN Yamato was now 100KM from them and was going to force them back.

A confrontation was imminent. Koichi now made his way to the Sword King's Private Room to set up an emergency meeting.

As he sat outside the Office, for the King to be no longer busy to meet him, He Did his Sudoku to pass the time. After a short time, Knight-Captain Magreb came to greet him.

"Mr.Koichi. Please allow me to express appreciation on behalf of the Kingdom of Fenn. During the ambush earlier, your forces were incredibly adroit at exterminating the enemy forces," the knight-captain lauded solemnly with his head bowed low.

"Not at all, our intention was to repel the attacks on your country, As Per of Treaty we signed." He replied.

Koichi Tried to play off their involvement. The Kingdom of Fenn Now truly was placed into a camp that wanted to be Annexed by Japan, but with the recent incident...It was now 10 times bigger than before.

Koichi then went inside the Private room of the Sword King, where after a Brief Bow and exchange of hellos, Koichi bowed again.

"Before we Talk... I'd like to discuss more pressing matters... Your country is currently in a state of war, is it not? This unfortunately changes the situation, We must now see fit to end this War with as little blood lost between you and this enemy, We are not in a Position to fight a War without Restriction. Once we have reviewed things, we will contact you again." Koichi Explained

Koichi wanted to leave Fenn as soon as possible to quickly find the best possible solution, each second they stayed brought the enemy fleet from the west closer and he didn't want the enemy to see that Japan was around and get the wrong impression.

"I understand. We await your reply with eagerness. However, I want to tell you a story. The invading forces that your troops cleaned up weren't simply from the 3rd Civilization, they belonged to a superpower, the Papaldia Empire. They demanded Us to become their Puppet and we refused. That was their only impetus to attack us. That's the kind of country they are.