A Blast to the Past

Empire of Japan, Northern Honshu, Summer 1958

In Northern Japan, A Car was on the side of a Rural road, it had a flat tire and the man driving didn't know how to fix it, he wasn't happy, as he tried and failed to fix it, he was out of options.

Emperor Hirohito Smoked a Cigarette as he looked over the calm river near the road, His Flat Tire made him stop driving, It had been 3 weeks since he fled Tokyo to stop being a Emperor. And since then, the country was in crisis, they were all looking for him, everyone was wishing he was well and he could care less what they wanted, he didn't want to be found, he wanted to retire and get away from it all. And it all began with a Single visit.

It All Started back in 1951, for his 25th Jubilee, when he visited China as part of a Imperial Tour, it was to show the Emperor how all of Asia or a Good part of It bowed to the Imperial banner, He saw first hand just how terrible his soldiers were treating the people, nothing like what he was told, as he continued the tour across Asia, it made him see reality, he was the leader of a country which killed so many innocent people, he felt sick to his chest, when he then thought more about it, he even gave orders to gas them, thinking it was going to be small military targets, when he found it was towns, he truly saw how bad Japan was.

The people looked at him with such hatred as well, he knew why, he was responsible for all the deaths, if they didn't invade, millions would be alive, never in his life did he feel the way he felt, he wanted to say sorry, but words won't help the horrors go away.

And when The Tour was over he tried to see if the People could change, learning how to speak proper Japanese, making leaflets of what he saw and more, all to try and make Japan see that they committed a grave sin and needed to pay for it and to change for the better, but every time he tried to show Japan what they did, the IJA or IJN would alter the papers to make it less harsh than what he wrote, he felt trapped in his options, so he decided to leave his entire life behind and flee for somewhere else.

His Plan was to flee north and then make his way to America, where he knew the language and could be able to live peacefully in some lands in the Great plains, where it would be impossible for people to find him, Or if that failed he would flee to northern Japan to live his days there as a Monk.

And So, In The Middle of the Night, with 122 Million Yen, he fled the Imperial Palace, leaving a note to his family about why he was leaving, and that he wished them well, He did miss them after all, but it wasn't like he could flee with them. He then bought a Car, from Toyoda and began to drive north, he didn't have a plan after that, but he imagined he would find something, But with the only skills being he was smart in marine Biology, he didn't know if that would work well.

As the entire nation woke up to find him missing, it created general chaos, everyone wanted to know where he was, and a continent wide search was made. But even after 3 weeks, millions of people looking for him, they have yet to find him, He heard his son Akihito became Emperor in Absent for Him, and was trying his best to keep the situation calm, and doing a good job at it, he was happy, It showed that his son, who was raised to be emperor for years was a good choice, at only 25 years old he would rule for a long time, and maybe he would be able to get rid of the military's influence over Japan.

As he Smoked, thinking how he would fix his flat tire, having never done so in his life, A Man in A Bike Stopped not too far from Hirohito, He was As Tall as Him, Fit, Young, And had a Western Style Pompadour, something which of late was a fashion trend in Japan, The Young man came to Hirohito with a Smile.

''Afternoon Sir, Car troubles?'' the Young Man asked

''Yes...I Have...A Flat'' Hirohito said with his Heavy Accent