Battle for Japan (4)

Empire of Japan, IJN Yamato, August 31st 1988

''Enemy Fleet 675KM Away Admiral'' A Radar Operator said

On Board the IJN Yamato, Part of the 1st Combined IJN Fleet, Katsu Yamamoto received a steady stream of news. On the Bridge were Katsu Yamamoto and the Crown Prince, According to the IJN, this was the Critical Battle for Japan, 9 Carriers, 1 Battleship, 20 Submarines and 180 Destroyers, it was to destroy the enemy for good, the other fleets of the GECPS, were either going home for repairs or coming down to help them, arriving in 12 hours or so.

Yamamoto's Gamble, the goal of destruction of the Invasion fleet had been thus far a stunning victory after victory, they had sunk 2 fleets and a half and forced the 3rd to flee, all while losing less than 30% of their own ships and Jets.

Now the climatic showdown was to begin, It was all to end the beginning and begin the end, The IJN would from this point onward, Control the Sea.

But as the reports continued to come in of the enemy fleet, Yamamoto was quiet, deadly quiet, Akihito, The Crown prince stood next to him, despite being 5'3 to Katsu's 5'10, He held the Air of a Man worthy of being Emperor, having for decades prepared for the role and doing much in the Navy and Army, he was well liked by the Navy and the Army as ''The Warrior Emperor'' Despite being 55, He still looked not a day over 35, Thanks to His Diet and Lifestyle.

''Yamamoto? Are we not to act?'' Akihito asked

At this everyone turned to Yamamoto, to refuse to speak when the crown prince spoke to you was death to everything, it was Taboo, Katsu slowly stood from his chair and took out a Yen Coin and played with it in his hands.

''I...Do Not know the winds'' He answered, stunning everyone ''But...The Pressing Issue that Boggles me is either to Send the Jets to attack or to Defend''

No one said anything, they too were deep in thought, but then Katsu threw A Coin in the air and caught it, tails. He suddenly was filled with resolve.

''Send the New Jets out to sortie, the rest will form barriers for The fleet'' Katsu said

''''As you Command sir!'''' The Crew Said as they went to work

Katsu turned to the Crown Prince, and both bowed

''Your Imperial Highness, The Battle has begun'' Katsu said

''Will we win?'' Akihito asked

''We have too, The Fate of Japan rests in the balance'' Katsu said ''As my Friends in Italy would say if they were here, The Die is Cast''

Katsu crossed his hands together in front of his face as he stared at the blue, dark waters he seen 1 millions time already.

IJN Shirano, 1st combined Fleet

On the Carrier IJN Shirano, The Pilots were looking as their Jets were being fueled and prepared, they were elites, having been pilots since they were 19, now they were pushing their Mid 30s, but for the first time in a long time, they looked At new Jets, the KI-30 and the A6M-88.