The End of Showa

Empire of Japan, Tokyo, Imperial Palace, April 29th 1989

Imperial Butler Noriaki Tsubu Was walking down the Hall to the Imperial Chambers, where the Emperor Hirohito was sleeping, it was 6:59AM, The Emperor was about to be woken up, since his Recovery months ago, he had Regained much of his health, despite being almost paralyzed, he had nearly gotten rid of his Cancer and he was almost back to normal, and now he was 88 Years Old, Japan's longest Reigning Emperor.

As He reached the Door, he placed his Tray of Food on the Table nearby, He Then Bowed before Speaking.

''Good Morning, Your Imperial Majesty, It is 7 O'clock'' Tsubu then opened the Door and went inside.

Silence. The Emperor, who would have responded, didn't usher a Word.

Tsubu went inside and placed the Tray as he always did near the table, he looked at the Emperor, he hadn't moved since he can in, Tsubu was Concerned, he wasn't a Heavy Sleeper, he would know, having been his Butler since 1960, 29 years makes you aware of everything of a Man.

''Sir?'' Tsubu asked as he Moved closer.

He walked up to Hirohito and placed his Fingers on his Wrist, No Pulse, he waited and waited but nothing came, he silently put the Emperor in a Dignified way before he closed his Eyes.

Emperor Showa Was Dead.

He Quickly Ran outside the Room, making his way to where all the Other butlers were preparing for the Morning Swift, he crashed into the door, breaking it apart as he barged in to everyone looking at the madman, he spoke quickly.

''His Imperial Majesty, Showa, Has Passed Away in His Sleep'' he said quicker than anything else.

Everyone instantly felt shivers in their spines, the day they had hoped to never come has arrived, they went into action almost instantly, going to inform the Family, the Prime Minister, The Empire, they had so much to do and so Much to plan.Since they already had a scare like this months ago, they had already came with a Era Name for Him, the Showa Era, and now that was how they would call Him, Showa.

The Emperor was Dead, and a Nation was Now in Shock.

Prime Minister's Officer, 3 Hours later.

Prime Minister Haruno Takashi sat in His Chair with Somber eyes, he dreaded that he heard the News of the Emperor being Dead, he cried, everyone did, it was a shock to everyone that he died in his sleep, now all the News Outlets were giving messages about the Departed Emperor and Telling his life and mourning his life.

Across the Country the people wore only Black Clothing as a sign of utmost Respect, The Imperial Banner had a Black Stripe added on top of it as a Mourning Flag, All Generals and Admirals had began to pack up their things to return home as quickly as possible, a 50 day truce was given to the enemy, which was rejected, But Japan refused to allow any new attacks during the Mourning Period.

The Funeral was already being prepared, and Now Haruno Takashi had to Speak to a Broken Nation. After calming his heart, He spoke to the 178 and a Half Million Japanese waiting for His Voice. 

''Japan, Japanese, It is with the Most Heartfelt sorrow That I Confirm the Passing of the Departed Emperor, Emperor Showa has Passed Peacefully in His Sleep at 4:53 Am, Shortly After his 88th Birthday, As of Today, the Crown Prince Akihito, Age 56, Shall Commence the Duties of the Emperor, His New Era Name shall henceforth be known as...Shori, Victory, for Under Him we shall bring Victory in the World War.

The Great Deeds of Showa over Our Lifes are Immense, worthy of the Divine Powers he Held, But now he rest in the Heavens with the Gods, his Ancestors'' he Paused