Operation Revenge (2)

Kingdom of Nates, IJA Base, September 9th 1988

Lieutenant General Koichi looked at the Type 75 CBM as it was armed and loaded, Unlike the Showa-52s or other smaller missiles, the Type 75 was inside a Missile Silo located far away from the Base, it had been disguised as a Bar to allow the crews to enter without anyone asking them why. It was designed that when it was to be fired, the bar would split open in two and the missile would be sent out

Underground, there was a Station where the men who would fire the Missile would be able to look from, this was where Koichi looked at the Missile, as it was being prepared, a separate Television showed the Target site, the massive Air Base on a interval of 45 seconds, so far it showed nothing out of the ordinary.

The Imperial Japanese Military High Command had much to consider on this mission, so much they had seen to send the Imperial Japanese Special Forces, which were Commandos that were the best of the Empire, formed in 1963, they were 100 men who were trained in brutal ways, they were the best of the best. They had landed them near the Base weeks ago where their main Objective was to wait for the planes to be assembled and then destroy them while still on the ground.

But with the CBM being launched, the base would be destroyed, but they did not want to take chances, The IJSF would be there as a precaution to a precaution.

''Missile Fuel Maximum'' Aoi, The Head of Fuel Reported

''All crews are out of sight, we may fire on your command'' Taruki, The Head of the Overall Missile maintenance Reported

Koichi Nodded, now was the time.

''Fire'' He said

Aoi pressed a button and a countdown of a robot began as the CBM got itself ready to fire, smoke began to fill the silo, the silo also opened and the bar was seen split in half, and after a few more seconds the CBM flew right into the air and began to fly right for the sky, this was it, the moment of truth.

Koichi then looked at the screen which showed the air base, they now had to wait for some 20 minutes, Koichi said down and picked up the latest Weekly Shonen Jump of Dragon Ball, his Son's Favorite Manga, he had time to kill, he always liked Mangas, for he himself had tried to become one before the Army became his true calling.

As he read the manga, he looked from time to time to the screen to see if the CBM had hit the base yet, after all it would take some time before the CBM was meant to hit, Koichi even had time to finish the Manga, which he enjoyed, he stood up to stretch, he saw the radar and the Missile, it was still half way there, Koichi was not happy.

''I'm going for a walk, if anything bad happens, tell me, I have my radio ready'' He said as he closed the door.

As Koichi walked the base, something he had down many, many times before he began to wonder what the world would have looked like if Japan hadn't jumped the gun and went to war with the United States of Gra Valkas or if they had not been here at all, such thoughts dominated his mind, he was sure that the Aftermath of the War, The Empire of Japan would stand as the Strongest in the World, They might be able to even unite the world under their banner if they tried hard enough.

No, He stopped such ideals, Japan had no Power to take over the entire world, they had not enough men to do such a thing nor would that do any good, rebellions everywhere and all the time would lead to their ruin faster than anything else. even with Mao, Rodenuis, Sios and Turk the Empire was at the limit of their National Expansion, anymore and they risked being too big and at the mercy of chaos.

As he reached the waters of the docks, he sat down to admire the sun, the symbol of their empire, which at the present to him was fighting like a machine across the world, fighting naval battles in the far east, attacking on land in the west and winning the war, but it wasn't without any losses.