The Downfall of the HME (1)

Holy Mirishrial Empire, City of Pedolia, March 17th 1991

''Loading HE Shell'' Said the Loader

''Fire!'' Said the Officer

BOOM!

A Type 1 15.5cm Artillery Gun Fired At the city, which for weeks now had become the center of the world, the city which had finally stopped the Invincible IJA Forces.

The city had only a Population of 540 000, which had fallen to 400 000 because of the Famine, it was located at the Crossroad between Runepolis and the south, about 2840KM away from Runepolis, a river was in front of it, thick forests and lakes meant there was only one way to take it, from a frontal assault, the city had become a Versatile Fortress for the HME, which was sucking the life from the IJA.

Operation Nihon, began on the 5th of October with a full scale push into the HME, they broke the line within 2 days, they faced fanatical resistance, the IJA Did a slow, sadistic push into the HME, villages, towns, anything they found was bombed, the HME soldiers fought back to back battles in every place they found themselves, all the civilians were made into soldiers, entire towns were drafted into partisans, fighting behind the line, the IJA fought battles against them by razing all they found which was fighting against them.

They were fighting every single day, every single inch of land was held to the end by both sides, entire divisions were decimated on both sides due to not allowing a single soldier to go rest, dying from exhaustion was common.

By December, they had doubled their landing zones, doubling the lands they had stolen, but the cost was immense, 3 Million Mirishrials and 200 000 Japanese had died, the HME had finally seen all the tricks of the IJA and knew how best to counter them, the result? Losses, terrible losses, entire units were gunned down in ambushes, in the air, the Alpha-5s, the latest fighters, were able to keep the IJA KI-30s in check, of the 3 Million Dead Mirishrials, half were Civilians, the lands which had fallen were marked by blood and ash.

To Japan, the 200 000 Dead four doubling their holdings made them angry and glad, they had expanded their holding to own now 32% of the HME, but the dead they had was immense, they had never faced so many losses since WW2, many soldiers compared it to Vietnam, China and WW1 wrapped in a ugly bow.

The Next Stage of Operation Nihon was to strike the city of Pedolia, which would allow them to tear into the center, allowing a Drive to the Western Seas, which was the Key of Operation Nihon. Along a 250KM Front, they were only 75KM from the Town, 650 000 IJA Soldiers were gathered for the attack while the other 2 150 000 IJA Soldiers would push 50KM, to prevent the Attack from being a concentrated Bulge, having learned lessons from the Far West.

During The last weeks of December, The IJA advanced on Pedolia and the entire front reaching their Objectives, at the same time, The IJA Air Force bombed Pedolia, dropping 1000 Tons of Bombs on the city, before they attacked, of 400 000 in the city, 80 000 died from the raid, it also destroyed the entire city, reducing it to ash, but the 320 000 Survivors, alongside the 450 000 Soldiers which had pulled itself to that side of the River, now had a tight defensive ring and a chock point the IJA would have to cross

On the 3rd day of 1991, during a intense blizzard, the IJA began their attack, but to the dismay of everyone, it turned into a bloody killing spree, in 2 weeks, despite gaining a foothold on the other side the same size as a small town, the IJA had 20 000 Killed to 20 000 HME killed, the first time in the entire war where they had equal losses, the IJA had to fight house to house, tunnel by tunnel for what they had earned, many drew the conclusion that the battle of Pedolia would be like the Battle of Warsaw in 1976, where the 450 000 Germans held the 1.5 Million Russians Back for 5 long Months, but because they didn't have any men to replace their losses, they lost the city, losing 108 000 Killed and 300 000 Made POWs to the 177 000 Russians Killed.