A Murder in Topa

Kingdom of Topa, Port city of Tolus, October 1st 1984

On the Giant Continent West of Japan. In the northeast of was a large island about as large as Shikoku. There was a natural bridge that was only 200 meters wide but 30 kilometers long that connected the island to the continent. The country that called this island home was none other than the Topa Kingdom, Home to 11 Million People. To the northeast of Topa was another bridge, this one 100 meters wide and 40 kilometers long, that joined them with the continent of Grameus. On the Continent of Grameus, Few people lived there, but those that did lived like nomads, living like the days of the Mongols, something the Japanese didn't quite Understood.

Long Ago, there were Demons which lived on those lands, But thanks to Mu, they had all been killed, so much so that the 3500 Muish Soldiers in Topa, reported that all Demons had been killed, but they still remained as they had a Good Position for Resource Expansion. During which they also helped Topa become a Modern Country, with many of their cites reminding someone from earth of Pre-Crimean War England, with giant cities, few cars, factories and people in suits everywhere, it was certainly more advanced than any other country outside the Zones in the East except Japan.

At the Port, A Man in a Grey Trench Coat and a Fedora was smoking a Cigarette, He was The Japanese Detective Oku Takoru, At 64 He was Past the Age of retirement, but still looked no older than 40, Unlike the Normal Japanese Men, He was Freakishly Tall, Standing at 6'5 or 195CM, He Also was decently skinny at only 181 Pounds. despite his elder age as well, he was well built from years on the field Job.

At First glaces many gave him the impression that as a Detective he would not be the best, but he was In fact the best in Tokyo, Having been the one which showed the List of Corrupt Officials from The IJN, IJA, The Companies and more, to say he was able to bring down many Corrupt Officials was a Understatement, but with every great Deed, there was always some bad Deed as well, He had made a Enemy with All of Japan when he blew the whistle in 1964, his wife left him and his 4 sons, he almost lost his job and his life, He was about to give up.

But after Haruno Takashi Came to Power, he found himself back into his old Glory, he was able to bring all those in power that used said power for bad to justice, he got revenge on his enemies and helped break the power of the corporations over Japan, he got remarried, had another son and now he was enjoying being Rich thanks to better pay, finally making enough to have a fancy suit once more. As he crushed the Cigarette under his Boot, He Mumbled under his breath, it was a cold day, he hated cold days

''Good Grief'' he said ''Should have stayed Home''

Weeks Ago, A String of Murders began to the Muish soldiers, no one knew who it was, but the Police was powerless to find him and with Japan having some of the best, was asked to send their best to find the Killer, Japan sent Takoru, Who Accepted it after some thought. After a Long Boat ride, during which he had to stop someone from assaulting his wife.

His Job was to Look at the dead bodies and the only photo of the Killer they had and try to make something out of it, he was also given the highest Possible card in any investigation in History, Total and complete Immunity from Foreign Laws, he was allowed to use any means to find the killer as long as it didn't create too big of a mess.

As he Pulled out a Map of the Kingdom of Topa, He got even less happy, such a large country and with as many as 11 Million people that could be the murderer, he would have a long ways before any progress could be made. But thankfully, since all the Murders took place at the Base, and the last Murder took place only 1 week ago, it did take away many suspects, but still leaving some 55 000 On His Lists.

Everywhere he looked however, he had the feeling he was being watched, what he didn't know was that A Spy from the HME, was watching his every move, weary of him being a Spy sent to get him, but Oku didn't know nor did he care if a spy thought he was after them, his target was the Killer, no one else, he flagged down a carriage. His Job begins now