Chapter 12

"They are not in Dusmet?" Moona murmurs in shock.

Delia is surprised as well. Wouldn't the priests of brought them back to Shadowland and sacrificed them to Gehenna already?

"Are you sure? These two girls, Maya and Rissa, have surely gone through a lot. They could of just thought they saw them.

Maya, the girl in the tattered dress, frowns, even more tears spilling down her red cheeks. Rissa however, glares at the man who spoke.

"We know they were there because we were one of them." The dark skinned girl growls.

A silence falls over the villagers as Rissa continues to speak. "I don't know why they kept us there and alive, but they did. I remember every damn moment of it. We were all packed in a cage like animals, barely given any food to survive. They never once hurt us or spoke to us. They just left us there, torturing us by not allowing us to know our fate."

Maya interjects. "A-and then they took us, separating us from the others at random."

Rissa, squeezes Maya's arm gently and the girl wipes away her tears even though they still fall from her face like rain from the sky.

"Yes, and one day they took both Maya and I from the cage, Fate knows how I did it, but I was able to fight them off. Maya and I escaped and then we heard that one of the villages were mostly able to escape." Her eyes pierce the crowd. "Your village. And so we tracked you down and found you here."

Kipdale stands stiff and silent throughout this. Delia doesn't ask what's troubling the boy, instead listening intently.

"W-we are here to beg of you to assist us in saving everyone in the cages before they decide in slaughtering them all." Maya says, hands clasped and eyes filled with tears.
"Y-you truly are our only hope."

"No." Everyone's eyes train on Nandef. "No." He says again. "This will never work. We cannot risk more lives."

"I agree with you partly, Nandef." Iglesias says. "But we cannot live with the regret either. Of knowing we could of saved them even if it was a slim chance. And so, I purpose that only those who are willing to risk their lives assist us in saving the rest of our village and the others."

Nandef scowls deeply at the younger man but does not say anything.

Iglesias really is strategic. His words are those that can't be countered by Nandef and they give the choice to the people.

"I'd rather you rally everyone, but this will do." Rissa nods her head.

"So, who wishes to join this group?" Iglesias inquires.

Sadly, less then a dozen raise their hands. Most either scared or not wanting to risk it.

"I will personally come along in this mission." Iglesias adds after a moment

Hearing this many of Iglesias's followers volunteer to come along.

Delia watches this transaction, unsure of what to do. This is really none of her business, but on the other hand they need as much help as they can get. Delia, bites her cheek in thought, completely torn.

I need to find Kagon. Not to mention, this will be very dangerous. A thought pops into her mind. What would Kagon do?

I won't allow a coward to travel with me, Kagon's voice echoes back.

Yes, he did tell her not to be a coward and run away. Yet, she did run away the last time when she was in the underground cells. She did it against what Kagon told her and ended up getting lost. But then again she did end up escaping, didn't she?