Chapter 47

Delia's legs feel as if they have the consistency of gelatin as she awkwardly helps Heswyn drag the boat up the shore and safely away from the surf. All they need is their boat carried out to sea without them in it.

Heswyn drops the boat once it's a good distance away from the water and begins kicking out her legs like some sort of show girl. Delia quirks her brow quizzically at the woman.

"Don't stare at me as if I ate special mushrooms for breakfast." Heswyn says with a roll of her eyes. "I'm simply attempting to find my land legs.  I suggest you start kicking too instead of gawking, it should do you some good."

Delia shrugs and copies what Heswyn is doing and then begins pacing to regain her balance too.  The movements seem to help stop her from feeling as if she is still on the rocking ship.  Once she can walk steadily without falling over, Delia stops and looks to Heswyn.  "I'm feeling better, are you ready to find True Love's Kiss?"

Heswyn snorts.  "Ready as I'll ever be."

At that the two head off into the dense jungle.

The question is; where the Fates will we find it?

However, Delia's question looses its relevance because as soon as they're out of view of the ship spears point at them from all sides.

The Amazons.

"We're here in peace." Heswyn says, but is quickly hushed as the tip of one of the spears touches her jugular.

Sticks and stones, maybe this wasn't a good idea after all.

A tall woman with beautiful dark skin steps forward and points at the Roarian dagger strapped to Delia's thigh. "Warrior?"

"Well...."

"Yes or no." The woman interrupts, cold eyes staring into her own.

I've been traveling with Kagon for months. I've killed a Shadowlander, protected Iglesias and our group from ogres, helped free the people of Lanthos from cages, been forced out of my comfort zone numerous times, and so much more. Am I warrior?

Maya's words come to her mind. "Delia, I trust you. You are mine and all these people's hero."

"Yes."  Delia answers.  "I am a warrior, but know that we come in peace."

The woman nods and her glare softens to that of respect, though she still appears wary.  "A female warrior, perhaps our plan has worked in our favor."  The woman says to the other Amazons holding spears.

Delia sends Heswyn a confused look, but the librarian seems just as puzzled as she is.

"What plan?"  Delia asks, proud that her voice doesn't waver.

"Yetska, maybe we shouldn't tell her."  Another Amazon speaks up.

Yetska, quiets her with a quick glare.  "It is fine, Kreen.  We kill every foreign man that comes to our beautiful island, but spare the women.  However, before we send them on their way we teach them our values and show them techniques we have learned from our culture."  She explains.

"This is so that they can be empowered and spread this knowledge to the women of your continent.  We hope our tradition will spread and that the women will learn to stand up for themselves, so that one day there is a female ruling the land.  Only then will we be open to trade with your continent.  That is our hope."