Chapter 29

I'm so sorry this took so long! This week is finals and I've been studying last week and this week like a mad woman. It's been crazy, but I was finally able to squeeze in an update today. Hopefully I'll be able to update more soon. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy. Tell me what you think of the story so far in the comments if you like, don't be shy:). Have a great day!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰〰

Kagon slashes through the hoards of Shadowlanders with ease and joy,  His wish for the elves to reunite him with Delia had worked like a charm.  And better still he was thrown right back into a marvelous adventure.

Life couldn't get better for the Hero.

Suddenly the Shadowlander's crowd around him, pressing him in.  Kagon isn't worried and he is even less worried when his back meets the back of another warrior.  A man with dark hair and the air of a leader.

"Who are you?"  The man asks, dark eyes on the crowd of evil men.

"Kagon of Pik.  What about yourself?"

"Iglesias of Lanthos." Iglesias returns. "I don't know who you are, but thank you for your help."

"Don't thank me until we're out of this hoard." Kagon says.

Iglesias nods and the two fight back to back until the crowd of many that surrounded them dwindles to none.

"Not bad." Kagon comments, grinning at the man.

"You're not so bad yourself." Iglesias smiles.

Before anymore conversation between the two can transpire they're thrown back into the battle.  Their swords ringing in their triumph.

〰〰〰

As soon as Delia sees that Maya's group of people unfit for fighting is on their way she turns to her own group, awaiting her command.

"Go out there and fight, take weapons from the fallen if you can.  The Shadowlanders are the only enemy.  However, try to capture and spare one.  We can use him for questioning." Delia says, her voice strong and confident.  "Now go and defend our freedom!"  She lifts a fist and everyone shouts, running to join the heat of the battle. Delia doesn't hesitate to join them.

The men --and even some women-- pour into the battle, renewing hope and energy of the other men on the field. With renewed strength everyone fights harder than ever, Delia can hear it in the clang of weapons and clash of shields.

A smile lifts on to her lips, they're going to make it.

But then her hope all but shatters as three Shadowlanders glare at her and push through to get to her. She can imagine they're not too happy about her letting everyone free.

Maybe everyone else is going to make it, but I might not... Delia thinks as they come closer, a raging darkness in their eyes.

She backs up for a moment, but then holds her ground, eyes searching for a weapon of some sort to aid her. She won't flee, especially now that Kagon's here.

Swiftly, Delia picks up a weapon from the ground. It's an axe, the weapon feels uncomfortable and heavy in her hands. Delia is a strong girl, she can hold more weight than most. Despite that, the axe is dead weight in her grasp. More a club than a weapon. Beads of sweat drip on her brow, she's about to wipe it off, but the nearest of the three Shadowlanders lunge at her.