Chapter 30

Hey, guys! I know it's been awhile, but I'm still here! Anyways, I just wanted to say that I've changed Delia's age to sixteen. I think the age fits her more. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

Back at the camp everyone rejoices, happy at both their victory and in some cases, freedom.
However, Delia stays away from the festivities.  In everyone's joy no one notices, which is fortunate for her.  She needs the solitude.

Delia places her head in her hands, sitting on the same log Iglesias and her took watch on just the night before.  She can't get over the sound of the axe connecting with the Shadowlander's neck or the look of the bloodied head on the ground.

The scribe shivers and it is not because of the cool night air.

Not only that but Kagon has returned to her.  The man she traveled with for such a short time before the Fates literally ripped her away from him.  Her emotions are mixed on the matter.

When she found out she may never see Kagon again she was sad, but also relieved.   There are too many things she doesn't want him to know.  And now with his return those things will only be uncovered in due time.

"Ah, writer Delia!" Kagon slurs, sauntering up to her with a bottle of some alcohol churning inside.

"Hello, Kagon." Delia says.

Kagon plops down beside her and takes a swig of drink.  "What are you doing away from all the festivities?  And why didn't you tell me you were the one to set all those people free from those cages?"

Delia winces at his loud voice.  "I didn't get the chance to, I guess.  As for the festivities, I have a migraine." She says, adding that falsity to the pile of growing lies.

"Ah." Kagon nods deeply. "I'll just leave ya to it then.  But" he holds up a finger drunkenly. "I won't let you out of telling me all the adventures you've had without me.  Understand?"

Delia nods, she'd do anything to get him to go away. 

"Good."  He claps her on the back too hard and then stumbles to his feet.  "Have a good night. You've fought well."  He says before saluting and walking --more like stumbling-- away.

Delia sighs in relief once he's gone. It's hard to deal with Kagon sober, let alone drunk.

〰〰〰

Kagon wakes up the next morning with his head pounding. The sunlight seeping in from outside his tent does nothing to help the ache.

"Ugh." The hero groans, sitting up and grabbing his head.

After a few moment of rubbing his temples, Kagon crawls out of the tent and gets to his feet.  A simple migraine won't keep the hero in his tent all day!

Kagon shakily walks to the stream nearby and takes a long drink.  The water is un-satisfyingly warm, but it will do.

Wiping his mouth, Kagon goes back into camp where he sits on a log at the fire.  A couple women and men make breakfast while some of the others get firewood. Kagon can't help but notice the equality between them.

Seeing Iglesias, Kagon decides to ask him. "Iglesias, have a seat with me."

The dark haired man complies. "Yes, what is it?" He asks.