Chapter 34

At last a chapter! Whoop whoop! It is a shorter chapter and a bit of a filler at that, but still at least it's a chapter! I apologize for the long wait, as I said in my last note, I've been trying to finish up my other story Red Vengeance. Not to mention schools started up again I'm full swing and I've been sick, so I'm struggling to make up my missed days.

But that's enough about my complaining, how are all of you? Are you enjoying Hero's Journey so far? Is it boring, exciting, etcetera? I'd love to hear any critique you might have in the comments, it's always such a great help.
Thanks that's all!

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

Sir?"

Kagon rubs his eyes and stumbles out of bed and on to the wooden floor. Tiredly the hero pads over to the door and opens it.

"Oh!" The girl at the other side squeals averting her eyes.

Kagon looks at her strangely and then realizes something. Or rather a lack of something. That something being clothing.

The hero laughs unashamed and wraps the sheets from the bed around his waist. He vaguely remembers pulling off his clothes and falling half-drunk into bed last night.

"Apologies, lass. You can look now."

The maid still doesn't meet his eyes, her cheeks as red as a flame, reminding him of Delia. "Missus Azzbell, the master, and Miss Delia are all downstairs eating breakfast." She says.

"Ah, yes. Thank you."

The maid nods and then quickly scurries down the hallway and out of sight.

At the mention of Azzbell a small prick of annoyance hits him. It was just yesterday that she seemed so upset that she couldn't flirt with him when she thought that he and Delia were together when really she herself was married all along.

Kagon has done quite a few low-down things in his life, but stealing another man's wife is not one of them. Nor does he want to add that to his list either, no matter how much fun Azzbell and himself have had in the past.

I will confront Azzbell on the matter later.  Kagon thinks whilst finishing getting dressed.

Once done the hero leaves his room and proceeds to the dining room where Delia and Azzbell sit, chatting lightly.

Upon seeing him Azzbell bats her luxurious lashes.  "Good morning, Kagon.  I heard that my maid got to see a bit too much of you this morning."  She chuckles.

Despite her obvious advances, Kagon cannot help but laugh.  "Yes, she caught me at a bad time.  Where is Gren and your father? The maid said Deon would be here."

"My father had to leave on urgent business. As for Gren, he left early this morning to take care of some things." Azzbell explains with a flippant wave of her hand.

Shrugging, Kagon takes a seat beside his scribe and notices something out of place about her. He looks over her carefully before at last it strikes him.

"Delia, you're wearing a dress?" Kagon asks incredulously.

Delia's eyes widen at his bluntness. "Yes, I wore one last night as well. Don't act so surprised." She says sharply.