Chapter 72

Hey, guys! Guess who's back!;D Also, Happy late Easter to you all!

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

Delia's knees slam against the deck. Pain shoots through her, but she grits her teeth and bares it. Perched on their knees on her right are both Tavius and Maude.

They don't realize it, but they ruined my plans of escape. Delia thinks, more sad than angry at the two men.

Kagon is suddenly thrown down beside her. His sky blue eyes are jagged pieces of sharp stone, his jaw clenches with anger and fierce determination. In spite of their situation, some kind of affection stirs in her chest as she looks at him.

"You betrayed my trust." Captain Baymont seethes. His eyes are on Tavius and Maude, but they cut to Kagon and Delia just as quickly. "Both of you were not involved with the attempted escape of your friend's, which is something I commend you for. However, you will share the same fate as them, so I'd blame them for all the misery that is in store." He lets out a dark chuckle.

When Delia looks at Tavius, he gives her an apologetic look. She tries to send him a reassuring smile, but is immediately sent reeling backwards by a hard slap.

"You will look at me and only me." Baymont shouts, looming over her with an open hand.

She can't help but flinch when he brings his hand close to her face as if he is going in to hit her once more. Delia's eyes zip over to Kagon, trying to stay strong as Captain Baymont leans over her threateningly.

Captain Baymont follows the direction in which she is looking. Instead of slapping her once more for not keeping her gaze on him, he smiles sinisterly. His lips curl into a cruel smirk. "I should have known." Baymont chuckles quietly, so only she can hear. "You're in love with him, aren't you?"

Delia's eyes widen, but she immediately hardens her features.

"Ah, ah, ah." Captain Baymont wags a finger. "It is too late for you to try and hide it. I already know the truth." Baymont leans in closer. As he speaks, his lips graze her ear. "Shall I assist you in admitting your affections? Perhaps I'll even teach you a crucial lesson." He moves away from her so Delia can see the upturn of his ugly lips. "Love is dangerous."

At his words, horror infiltrates every fibre of her being. Delia desperately clings to showing a brave face, but it easily crumbles. "Don't you dare! Leave him alone!"

Her friends, having not heard the conversation, look on in worried confusion.

Captain Baymont scuttles over to Kagon like some disgusting bug that Delia aches to squash. Kagon looks up at him with a sharp and rebellious gaze.

Baymont smirks and unsheathes his sword. Delia screams. His weapon comes down. But it stops right at Kagon's neck.

Delia's chest heaves, her eyes zeroing in on the closeness of steel to flesh. Throughout all of this, Kagon looks forward levelly. In spite of this, Delia can still make out the quick rise and fall of his chest.

Captain Baymont laughs maniacally, giving Delia a sideways glance. "Love is dangerous, but perhaps there is a little bit of an old romantic in me." He admits almost sheepishly. "Perhaps I will be merciful if you scoot a little closer to your love and tell him and everyone," he gestures around at all his crew gathered to watch, "how you really feel."

Delia breathes out through her nose, trying to still her panic as she inches closer to Kagon.

"That's a friendly closeness." Baymont comments. "But that isn't all Kagon is to you, is he? So, I advice you slide closer. It might help to instill the merciful old romantic in me."