Chapter 31

Oh my gosh guys, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! Things have been so busy with me lately, but still that's no excuse. I just hope you enjoy this update. I'll try to get another one out sooner.

But besides that, what do you all think so far? Do you like it? Is it exciting, boring? Don't be afraid to tell me in the comments:). Thanks that's all!

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

Kagon lifts up his mighty golden sword and charges at the slimy beast in front of him.

The monster is a gigantic purple worm-like creature with several rows of sharp yellowed teeth.  Despite its lack of legs, the worm is surprisingly fast with reflexes like a cobra.

"Kagon!  Give me a knife or something!" Delia shouts at him from the sidelines.

"No.  I've got it." The blond grits his teeth as he blocks the beast's fangs with his golden sword.
"Just write in your book or something!"

From where the hero stands he can hear his scribe sigh loudly and can almost feel her eyes pierce into his back in contempt.  Despite killing the Shadowlander man a little less than a month ago, Kagon still refuses to allow Delia to fight.

For a girl she fought well in the battle, but it is still no place for any girl or woman for that matter. She'll only get in my way.  Kagon rationalizes whilst attempting to take a stab with his sword into the worm's massive purple flesh.

From the corner of his eye he sees Delia plop down angrily under the scarce amount of shade one of Lanthos's sparse trees offer.  Kagon would of laughed except...

Clang!

He blocks an attack and then barely moves out of the way of the worm's --no doubt poisonous-- barbed tail.

"Kagon!"  Delia calls suddenly.  "Go for its snout thingy!" 

Snout thingy?

Kagon looks closely at the worm for a moment and sees what Delia means.  The worm's face, unlike the rest of its body ends in a more triangular point.  This is where he can see a bunch of small, pink, slimy feelers moving around just above the creature's sizable mouth.

Not bothering to ask Delia as to why she would suggest that, Kagon springs from the rocky ground with all his might and slashes at the feelers, successfully shearing them off with one swift swipe of his blade.

Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!

The worm screeches, convulsing and clumsily whipping its tail end from side to side.  Kagon dodges the best he can before once more jumping, but this time he grabs on to the worm's oozy skin.  Nearly slipping from the slime, Kagon digs his sword into the creature's skin and slides down, his blade almost slicing the worm in two.

Once Kagon's feet hit the ground he moves away from the worm, watching as it convulses and shrieks a few moments more before becoming both still and silent.

He turns to Delia with a grin.  "It's dead."  He states triumphantly with a heroic grin.

"Oh really?" Delia huffs sarcastically, however Kagon pays her no mind as he swipes the sticky slime from his clothes.