Chapter 50

Whoooohoooooooooooooo! Sorry it's really late, but I've been crazy busy lately, either way here's Chapter 50! :D. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me thus for.  All of your support and advice has helped me to stay inspired and continue my love for this story.  Thanks again for everything guys, I couldn't of done it without you.

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

Delia has not fallen as much as she did the day before.  However, she still ends her final training session on her backside.

Yetska smiles down at her.  "You have improved since your first teaching, but two lessons is certainly not enough to truly learn the Amazon ways of hunting and fighting. However, I will not force you to stay like I want to, we do have a deal after all, but if you ever wish to continue your training you will be welcome to my island as my student."  Yetska offers Delia a hand to help her up for the last time. The rest is up to her.

Delia reaches up and Yetska's hand clasps hers. The Amazon swiftly pulls the writer to her feet. Once up, Delia nods deeply in respect to the warrior. "Thank you, Yetska." Delia grins wryly. "Perhaps I will return one day."

Yetska smiles back. "As I said, you will be welcome with open arms. Also, the plant you seek --True Love's Kiss-- will be found in a small abundance at the peek of the highest elevations in Paridia, Mivv's Tresses.  It is a waterfall named after the warrior goddess, Mivv."

Delia's stomach becomes queasy at just the mention of heights.  Ever since she almost fell from Mount O'Haire she's had a fear of heights.

I'll do what I have to do, though. I climbed a huge tree to throw stones to distract the ogres that captured Iglesias and his followers while Maya freed them. If I could do that while still being terrified, then I can climb a waterfall too.

However, the huge difference between climbing a waterfall compared to climbing a tree, is one that even Delia can't ignore.

"Thank you, Yetska."  Delia says for the last time.

"Return one day."  Is all the Amazon says before Delia goes off in search for Heswyn.

It doesn't take her long to spot a shock of bright red curls against the darkness of all the other Amazon's dark hair.  Meeting her eye, Heswyn goes to where Delia stands just outside of the Amazon encampment.

"Do have all of your things?"  Delia inquires.

"Yes, all is packed and ready to go."  Heswyn answers, patting the bag slung around her shoulders.  "Did Yetska tell you where to find True Love's Kiss?"

Delia nervously bites her lip.  "Yes, they're at the top of Mivv's tresses."

Heswyn's eyes widen.  "The waterfall?"

Delia nods once.

Heswyn snorts.  "Well count me out."

Delia's jaw plummets in her surprise.

"Don't look at me like that, Delia!" Heswyn reprimands. "I can't get this bag wet or else I'll soak all the notes I've made on the trip here, and I refuse to let them sit idly on the forest floor while I ridiculously attempt and fail to climb a waterfall. You can leave your book of Kagon's adventures down here with me during your climb. It'll be safe."