Chapter 20

Yay, Chapter 20!!!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰

That's all that I needed to hear.

Kagon gasps as the water sucks away and he's back in the dark room from before, laying on the mossy ground.

The hero takes a couple of minutes to regain his breathing and bearings. He stares up into the blackness, slowing down both his breathing and heartbeat.

When he feels better he gets to his feet, fighting off the waves of dizziness that comes with it.

"Now what?" Kagon's voice comes out tired, raspy, and most of all small.

All of his fears thrown at him cause even him deep scarring. And worse still his ego was bruised in the process.

You passed my first test, you admitted to your fears. It's one of the bravest things anyone can do. And now for my next test. Are you prepared, Kagon of Pik?

Do I want to go on with this madness?  I won't give myself the choice to give up. I may of been scarred, bashed, and battered.  But I'll carry on.  I'll carry on like I always do.

"Yes." The hero says grimly. "I'm ready."

Good

At that the hero falls. Falls right through the floor.

The room around him is made of gnarled wood and roots. The smell of soil, like before pervades his nose. Unlike the room before this one it is not pitch black. A cozy sort of light illuminates the room, its source unknown.

A great lion of a yawn explodes from Kagon's mouth, exhaustion causes his eyes to droop. The warm, cozy feeling of the room makes him want to just lay on the soft dirt and just sink down deep into its protection.

"What?" Kagon shakes his head madly, regaining some of his awareness. "This is not me. Stop tampering with me!" He shouts.

Ah, so you know your own mind. A good quality. Most would lie down and sleep until death made them sleep for eternity. You may prove me wrong yet, hero.

Anger fills Kagon up by the gallon, taking his easy-going nature and stomping it flat. "You bastard! Give me the damn sword already!"

Patience.

And then he's tumbling through darkness once more.

Kagon winces as something sharp digs into his palms when he lands. The hero forces himself to his feet, trying not to sway.

Ignoring the pain in his hand he looks around.  He's in another chamber-like room. The walls and ceiling are packed dirt.  As for the floors, he cannot see it.

Miles of swords litter the ground in front of him.

This is completely mad. Never have I had a quest like this before.

"That's because you fight your beasts with you hands and not your mind."

Kagon is about to open his mouth to speak back, but realizes that he did not hear the voice in his mind, but actually heard it.

Kagon looks towards where he heard the voice. Deep, glowing green eyes meet his own sky blue ones.  Despite them being green instead of stormy blue, something about them reminds him of Delia.

The man steps under the bright orb of white light floating from the center of the ceiling, enabling Kagon to see him better.

From his forehead past his nose and to his lips  his features are delicate which is typical for an elf.  However, his jaw is harsh and stubborn, causing him to look rugged and elven all at once. White stubble runs across his face in a neatly trimmed beard.  That same white hair is cut short to his head, allowing his ears to be shown easily.