Chapter 43

~Important!~

Hey, guys!  Early chapter! Just a warning, the next one will probably be late.

So, this is a map to the fantasy world of Hero's Journey!  I've had it made for awhile, but have kept on editing it.  It still is kind of rough, but I decided to post it to hopefully clear some things up. 

Now, this is the important part.  As you can see, there isn't a key written on the map, so I'll write it here.

KEY:

Square= Country
Circles= Continent
Square in a circle= Country that is also a continent
Squiggled underline= River
Dot= Capital of the country
Regular underline= Mountain
Nothing circled, squared, ect....= Either ocean or sea
Note: Oblivion Canyon (Gahenna) is the area shaded in grey between Dusmet (which is the Shadowland) and Lanthos
and Pik.

Alright, so there you have it!  If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!  Thanks, that's all!

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

"Kagon!  He won't wake up!"

Kagon had asked Delia to wake the boy after he had slain the life-leech.  However, no matter what she does Kip doesn't crack open an eye.

Delia shakes Kip and even pinches him, but he slumbers on.  Breathing deep, body still.

Come on Kip.  Delia urges mentally.

Still, the boy does not stir from his rest.  Panic bubbles within her stomach, causing her to become nauseous with worry.  She has grown attached to the mysterious boy.

Delia turns to face Kagon.  "How can we wake him?"

"True love's kiss."  Kagon chuckles.

Delia is not amused.  "This is not a time for jokes!"  She fumes.

Kagon's smile drops and he rubs his face wearily.  "You're right."  Then, it is as if a light pops up over his head.  His eyes widen and his usual smile dances across his lips once more.  "I have friends that are scholars and caretakers of the great library of Lithko.  They have books from around the world, they'll be able to help us."

Excitement flashes through Delia, bringing a grin to her face.  She had always daydreamed and hoped to see the great library.  Her mother had told her stories about its beauty and the vast knowledge it holds.

"The library is located in Lithko's coastline capital, Lit.  The capital isn't too far from here."    Kagon says.  "All we have to do is follow along the trader's paths and we'll find it with ease.  The city is overwhelming, though.  So be careful not to get caught up in all the sights and smells."

Delia nods, barely listening.  The city!  The library!  Lividia Ocean!

I wonder if all my mother's stories are true.

〰〰〰

It is that and more.

As Delia and Kagon trek up the worn path to the gates of Lithko, Delia can see the high buildings and the sounds of bustling people from within.