Chapter 38

Hey guys!  Here's the newest chapter, sorry for the wait. :)

~Ashlee

〰〰〰
Kagon stands shakily from the couch, ignoring the pain shoot through his bandaged head. He's faced pains far worse, as most heroes have.

Hero's do not fail. They triumph!

"I will be victorious." Kagon says aloud. "I did not fail because I have not given up."

The words make Kagon feel slightly better about himself. In the time the woman and the girl had left he thought about much. Mostly, it involved inwardly beating himself up and sulking. Of course he'll never admit that, but now he's ready. Ready to face his foe.

Kagon stumbles through the door, down the hall, and into the dining room to get a bite to eat before his battle.  The hero sits heavily in one of the matching wooden chairs.

"Kagon, are you insane?!" Delia demands stomping into the rooms with Azzbell close behind. "You're still injured!"

"I'm fine." Kagon says, the world spinning in rapid colors all around him. "Just give me some food before I go out and slay that beast once and for all." In his mottled mind his voice sounds brave and true, but in reality his words are a garbled mess.

"You arrogant fool! Get back into bed this instant." Azzbell says, for once a serious expression on her face.

"Victory. I need it...." Kagon's head rolls back and his head falls into Kipdale's leftover food.

"Maybe you are right." He mumbles after a bout of silence. "I do feel tired..."

"Sticks and stones, he's overexerted himself." Delia groans, slapping her palm on her forehead in frustration.

"Aye." Azzbell agrees. "He really is a blithering dolt-head at times."

"Hey, I'm smarter than..." Kagon trails off before finishing seconds later. "Than idiots."

"That doesn't make a lick of sense." Delia shakes her head.

"Let's just have some of the servants bring him to his bed upstairs. It will be more comfortable for him than the living room, besides the stairs will be nearly impossible for him to get down in the state he's in. If he is stupid enough to attempt it he will be caught promptly." Azzbell says.

"What if he attempts it and falls down the stairs?"

"His problem, not mine." She shrugs, then calls for her servants to carry Kagon up to his room.

"He'll probably be fine." Delia says.

"Of course I'll be!"  Kagon grins whilst being carried away from the two.  "I'm still hungry by the way!"

His last glance of the two is Delia scowling and Azzbell rolling her eyes with a smile.  In return Kagon laughs, not yet feeling shame as he is carried away safely for the second time that day.

After lugging the hero upstairs the two male servants carrying him gently lay him down in his cushy bed.

"Thank you, friends!" Kagon says, waving to the two servants.