7 - Touch

TW ⚠️ - Sexual assault.

Please if anything happened to you or something else is going on, talk to someone. My messages are always open, so you can also talk to me about anything. Take care, everyone

~

After dinner, Minho and I were the only ones left at the table. "So you're gonna show me the showers?" I wondered out loud.

Minho sighed, seeming to bother by the fact he had to do something. "Fine." He got up from his seat and walked away. Quickly I got up too and jogged after him. We walked over to a small hut attached to the Homestead. Minho gave me a nasty glance, opened the door, and let me go in.

"Success, Shebean." He joked before closing the door.

I looked around for a bit. About five shower cabins were on my left, and on my right two sinks with a big mirror. It surprised me they even had electricity, but I was glad. Each shower had its own shower curtain, all of them white. Just when I was getting ready and putting the shower on, I realized there wasn't a lock on the door. There was the curtain, but I still didn't know if any perverts would come in.

"You're not going in there, Slinthead." Someone called out from outside the door. I frowned and got distracted by the voices.

"What do you mean? I gotta shower, Minho. I ain't gonna wait just because you Shank want me to." A boy replied.

"These showers are occupied, Shuckface. Now leave."
I realized the voice sounded exactly like it belonged to Minho, and since the other Glader called him Minho, I guessed it was actually him standing there. Was he keeping watch of the door for me?

With red cheeks, I hopped in the shower and let out a yelp. "Can't take the cold water, Shebean?" Minho yelled. "You'll get used to it." He added.

I sighed and washed all the dirt off my body. It was disgusting. I tried to finish quickly, not wanting Minho to wait outside for hours. After cleaning up, I put on my own green pants and Minho's grey shirt. I brought nothing else with me, so it was my only choice.

I dried my hair a bit before walking out of the hut. "Took you shuckin' long, Shebean," Minho commented.

"I was in for ten minutes!" I defended. "But thanks for keeping watch."

Minho shrugged and looked at the ground. "Night." He gave me a nod and walked away.

I wanted to toward the corner Chuck and I normally slept, but when I walked past the Homestead, someone grabbed my arm and roughly pulled me around a corner. I gasped at the sudden attack and watched a boy I didn't recognize in front of me. A faint light above us made me see he had dark hair, but that was it.

"Yes?" I snapped, not feeling comfortable with the way he held my arm and pushed me against the wooden wall. His breathing blew in my face, making me shiver.

A grin formed on the boy's face as he put one of his hands on my waist, watching me closely.

"What are you doing?" I looked him in the eyes, which were black because of the darkness. It was night after all.
"Let go," I ordered, trying to hide the shake in my voice. He moved his cold hand under my shirt, trailing up to my chest. I held my breath, scared of what was going to happen. Tears started to form in my eyes and it was like my mind wasn't clear anymore. Why didn't I just kick him?

When the boy touched me, I shook out of my trance, let out a yelp, and kicked the boy in the crotch. He groaned and bent down immediately, making me free. I started running away from the awful person. As I ran, I decided I couldn't go to Chuck. He slept outside, so the boy would find me again. Chuck wouldn't be able to fight him and I wouldn't either. Too strong.

Should I go to Alby? No. I barely know him. Who do I trust with this? Minho? Not Minho. He hates me. Newt. Yes, Newt. I trust him.

Sucking up some air after being breathless for a few seconds, I rushed over to Newt's hut but then hesitated. What if he refused? Or didn't want to help me? With shaky hands, I touched the door. What just happened made me very upset. Tears were streaming down my face, so I didn't have much of a choice.

I turned my head just to see the dark-haired boy walk closer to me. In a panic, I opened the door to Newt's hut and went in, not even realizing what I was doing. With unsteady breaths, I leaned against the door and listened.

"Jane?"

Newt's voice made me spin around very fast. My eyes opened wide when I saw the boy sitting on his bed. "I- uhm." More tears formed in my eyes and I didn't even take my time to inspect Newt's hut. The only thing I noticed was that it was quite clean.

"Love, what's wrong?" Newt walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, causing me to tense up for a few seconds, but then I relaxed and quietly cried into Newt's shirt.

When I realized I was literally crying in front of Newt with my arms wrapped around him, I let go very fast. "Sorry." I sniffed, wiping my nose.

"What happened, Jane?" Newt took me over to his bed and sat me down. I moved my knees up to my chest before replying.

"There was this boy, and he- he pulled me behind the Homestead." More tears fell down my cheeks as I talked. "And then he... he touched me."

Newt scrunched his eyebrows, clenching his jaw for a few seconds, but then his gaze softened. "It's alright. You're okay now." He grabbed my hand, making my breathing hitch. "Who was it?"

"I don't know. I didn't recognize him, I'm sorry."

"Don't say sorry. It's okay, love. I was just asking. We'll take care of him tomorrow, okay? We'll see if you recognize him." Newt suggested, making me nod in response. "Do you want to stay?"

I rubbed my eye. "That would be nice." I nodded. A small smile grew on Newt's face as he lay me down under the sheets. He lay down himself too, but a little further away from me.

"Here." He gave me the biggest part of his blanket and an extra pillow. "Are you okay now?"

I was still very upset but felt comfortable around Newt. "I think I am." Hesitantly I scooted a bit closer to Newt, hoping it would get the strange feeling in my stomach away. The boy really scared me and I could still feel his hands on me. It was horrible, but at least Newt took care of me.

Newt looked me in the eyes for a few seconds as he wrapped one of his arms around me, putting my head onto his chest. "Are you okay with this?"

"Mhm." I nodded, already feeling a lot safer in the boy's arms.

And turned out, Chuck was right. Newt did smell very nice. Like vanilla. Just like Chuck told me.