53 - The Boys ✭

A/N: This is random but I love how some people celebrate in the comments whenever Newt and Jane do something together, and others just scream at him that Minho's the only one who may do that 😭

~

Newt's POV

Chuck ran over to me, breathing heavily and face bright red from running. "Newt, Newt, Newt, Newt, N-."

"What is it, Chuck?" I sighed in annoyance already. "And where is your clean shirt?"

Chuck had to help me in the gardens, until he ripped his shirt by getting it stuck in a plant, dumb. I told him to get a new one in his hut, but apparently, he had other plans.

"No... I saw-." Chuck gasped, and jeez, he was not fit at all. Couldn't even run across the Glade!

"Go back to work, Chuck." I sternly ordered, not in the mood for his pranks.

"No- you don't under... stand!" Chuck panted heavily and bent down to his knees, leaning on them.

"Then form some normal sentences!" I got more annoyed by the second.

"I went into the hut... and I saw Jane.." Chuck started, face turning redder by the second.

"Very nice that you saw Jane, but get back to work. Dinner is ready in half an hour, so this has to be done." I motioned at all the seeds that had to be planted.

"Newt!" Chuck yelled when I turned around. "And there was a little bit of.."

"Of what?" I snapped when Chuck didn't finish his sentence.

"Blood." Chuck managed to say, finally seeming to calm down a little bit.

I spun around. "Blood?" I screamed.

"No, tomato ketchup. Yes, blood!" Chuck yelled back. "Now help!"

Why would Jane even be in her hut? She's supposed to be running, right?

"Newt! Move right now or I'll blame her death on you!" Chuck grabbed my arm and started pulling me with him.

"Alright." I panicked and freed myself from Chuck and started running to the hut.
Stupid limp! What if something bad happens to Jane and I couldn't prevent it because of this shuck thing?

Running wasn't even that hard for me, but the limp did slow me down a lot.
I managed to get to Jane, so slammed the door open.

She lay on the ground with her side, mumbles and winces leaving her mouth, sweat damping her face, and blood coming from her head and a little bit from the ears. Shocked I stared at her, a bad feeling washing over me. The fear of Jane being hurt was clearly there, making me shiver.

But soon I grabbed myself together and bent down to Jane, lifting her unconscious body up. She winced a little louder as I carried her in casual bridal style, hoping so badly I didn't hurt her.

What are they doing to you? I wondered as I moved a strand of hair out of Jane's face. I didn't know what I had to do, but going to the Med Hut seemed like the best option.

A tear trailed down from Jane's closed eyes, making me feel even worse. They couldn't just hurt my girl like that, or whatever the hell they were doing!

Of course, I knew Jane wasn't my girl yet, but it did feel like that. Not in a controlling way, like I imagined her being my girlfriend even though she wasn't, because I didn't. That was not what I meant with my girl. I meant I felt protective over her. No matter she tried to kill me or whatever, I cared and protected her, because I had to. Like it was destined.