36 - Limp

I ran through the maze as fast as I could. The sound of my foot clapping on the stone repeated over and over again, echoing through the tall walls. Only looking at some that were covered in ivy led my thoughts to Newt, but the running was quite relieving after all, until the voice was there again.

Act normally against Newt.

I sighed, feeling anger boil up in me. How was I supposed to act normal after they showed me all those horrible things?

Don't let anyone suspect anything.

Should've thought about that before showing me all those things! I yelled in my mind, not knowing if they could even hear me. But by my head hurt because of it, I guessed I did say something back. Then it was all silent again. I sped up my pace and ran fast like never before. Somehow I thought that would make me forget everything.

Once my adrenaline got stronger, my legs moved at a speed I didn't even know they could move. I decided not to think about anything that had to do with my memories, which made me a bit angry at first.

After running at full speed for about an hour, I bumped right into someone, or something. I let out a yelp when I felt myself fall onto the ground, quite hard. My head hurt for a few seconds, but soon I was able to get up again. Turned out it was a person I bumped into, since they were groaning.

"What the shuck were you doing, Shebean?"

"Minho." I realized out loud, almost whispering it.

"Nice name I have, right?" Minho wiped some dirt off his clothes after he got up too. "You gonna explain why you were running toward me at full speed?"

"I didn't see you." I shrugged, a bit embarrassed by bumping into Minho, or rather, my crush. One of them..

"Aah, that explains it all. 'Cause at that speed you were running I wonder how you even managed to turn corners without falling. Was there a Griever behind you, or what?"

"No, I just.." I paused and frowned. "I just felt like running fast."

"Oh, and why are you in this section? It's mine. Did you miss me?" Minho dramatically said.

Well, Minho changed mood quickly. At first, he seemed upset and now he was already his sarcastic self, like he just ignored everything that happened.

"Wanna go back?" He didn't let me answer his own question. "It's getting late and Newt is gonna kill me if somethin' happens to you."

"Right.." I mumbled. "Newt."

Minho didn't reply and started running. I quickly followed since I couldn't even remember the way back. Lucky I found Minho, I thought. What would happen if I got trapped here in the night? Newt said no one survives that.

Without saying anything, Minho and I arrived in the Glade. Minho mumbled something about the Map Room, so he left. I didn't feel like talking to Newt or literally anyone yet, so I hid in my hut.

After sitting on my bed for a while and even crying a bit, thinking about all the memories again, someone knocked on the door.

"Leave!" I immediately raised my voice.

"Just me."
I recognized Chuck's innocent voice and quickly wiped some tears off my cheeks.

"What is it, Chuck?" I tried to hide the pain and annoyance in my voice, but it was hard after crying so much.

"Newt said he wants to talk to you," Chuck announced way too formal than normally.

"And I say I don't want to talk to him. Tell him that, please." I coldly said.